• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Picture bragathon from an afternoon by the estuary.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
So I've had a fantastic day...

I went up stupid early after not enough sleep and went to work. That was, in all fairness, not the best part of the day. In fact, work was demotivating, disheartening and all around demoralizing and all kinds of other bad things starting in de-.
I decided I had a critical case of the CBA and that it was FTS o'clock and took the rest of the day off.
Best decision all week.

Long story short (four pictures makes for at least four thousand words). I got my laptop and a camping chair and went off to do my thing.

Here's my writing seat for the afternoon.
zqu7.jpg

s9am.jpg

Here's the view from that spot.
mshq.jpg

rinb.jpg

Looks great doesn't it?

Now, think...
Could you do the same?
No, if you don't live in Cork, Ireland, you can't readily go to that very spot and sit there and see that hill. That's not the point. The point is that you probably could anyway. On a good day, take your things, your writing implements and go out and sit somewhere. Sit somewhere other than where you usually sit.

It doesn't really matter if you do any actual writing. As long as you have your things with you, pen and paper, laptop, you have an excuse to sit still and relax, and sometimes that's just as important.

Last edited:

Rinzei

Troubadour
Wow, looks lovely there! My husband and I take trips to Wales now and then, and I'd love to go for a little writer's retreat holiday in the valleys. I feel so inspired there.

I'm glad you got the moment of peace you needed as well.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
That's beautiful! My grandmother was from County Cork, so it is really neat to see pictures from there. Thanks for posting this!