• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Picture

Rexenm

Inkling
I attempted to watch The Shining. Nope.
Probably should have watched Event Horizon. Pain.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
You did not care for the shining?

Event Horizon annoys me, because Netflix keeps changing the cover photo, and I keep going. 'oh, a new scifi.' but then its this one I've seen several times already. Its not my fav.

Rexenm

Inkling
Sam Neil makes it good, but space ship makes it better. Don’t get me wrong, Kubrick is the biz, but he annoys me, because he is really long winded. Netflix has pumped out Wednesday and Young Royals for me recently - I also liked The Worst Witch, but they used understudies way too much. Talking about understudy, did you catch GITS? I thought the puppet master Motoko was better than the original, and that she showed up in an appropriate place later, but I didn’t like the Netflix version in the first five. I checked it out at a glance, it didn’t look canon.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Is GITS, Ghost in the Shell?

I've seen several renditions of this. I was not caught up in it like many were quite a few years back. I would not know which one you were talking about though.

Sam Neil is a quality actor.

Rexenm

Inkling
Yeah, Sam Neill, cheers me up. Yep, Ghost In The Shell. It has a super soundtrack. I listen to it at night. This is something classic. A well known lurker of 4shan. Don Hertzfeldt.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I can watch The Shining 20 times just to try and catch all the little details Kubrick threw into that production, in particular, all of the continuity errors. The different interpretations of the film can also change the experience. The best King adaptation, which makes sense seeing as King hated it, heh heh.

Rexenm

Inkling
I tried to watch A Clockwork Orange all the way through the other day. It’s funny it is worse than I remember, or how I perceived adult life to be like.

Rexenm

Inkling
This is the third song from these guys that I heard, the first graduation second last empire, from searching nine on YouTube, a new release movie, only in cinemas.