• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Please Don't Glance At My Interest

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Mostly rambling. But seriously, super embarrassed Micheal finally callled me out on it. I knew I was doing it, I can even remember the exact post. I knew I should edit it but I did’t think anyone would really notice. Ha! I have zero credibility now (I had zero before. I’m still embarrassed).

Last edited:
I definitely do this too and should just ban myself. :D

I'm at another english writer's forum where things like that gets over-looked because there are members non-native to the english language, and we will make mistakes. In their workshop stuff like that will get comments of course, but in the forums people are cool with mistakes as long as the meaning is clear, just to keep the spontaneous fun alive. This forum is different, with more rules concerning writing in the threads, so I'll definitely take a lot more care when writing a post here in the future. Thanks for the correction.

But seriously, super embarrassed Micheal finally callled me out on it.

Of course, there was no intent to embarrass anyone, and didn't mention anyone by name. It's just that I'd seen the mistake more than once, and so in the spirit of helping others, I thought I'd point it out. Please feel free to do the same to me where applicable. It was because of someone else pointing out a mistake I made once that I learned the difference between clench and clinch. I've also recently learned that focussed is a proper UK spelling.

We're all here to help each other become better writers.

Btw, I spell my name with the a before the e, as all other Michaels do. Only the Micheals put the e before the a. :)

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Btw, I spell my name with the a before the e, as all other Michaels do. Only the Micheals put the e before the a. :)

Oh man, my middle name is Micheale (pronounced Mik -hale -lee) so I always default to that spelling. Sorry about that :(

Geez. I'm all over the map.

Oh yeah, and in High School my boyfriend was the one who finally told me that when you say subtle you don't pronounce the "b". lol.

Debates about American and Commonwealth spelling come up every now and then on this site. Ax vs. Axe is another one I remember. As a Canadian I spell most words with an "s" instead of a "z" (pronounced zed, lol), like analyse, characterise, or hypnotise.

Last edited:

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Mostly rambling. But seriously, super embarrassed Micheal finally callled me out on it. I knew I was doing it, I can even remember the exact post. I knew I should edit it but I did’t think anyone would really notice. Ha! I have zero credibility now (I had zero before. I’m still embarrassed).
We're writers. Of course we notice.