• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

C

Chessie

She's pulling your leg--unless you're headed to a peninsula or island location (e.g. Juneau), driving to Alaska is no problem. The Alaska-Canada highway opened to the public in 1948, and connects to normal road service into Fairbanks and Anchorage via Alaska state routes 2 and 1 respectively.

You still can't enter Canada if you're a felon though. I know a couple of dudes who've gotten felonies for DUIs (because well, they're idiots) and they've had to fly to the mainland instead of driving through Canada.

I actually live in the place I've named in my profile as my Location. But I grew up in Missouri. Lived much of my life about six miles west of a little spot on the road called Macks Creek. Been to Lebanon, Missouri a few times in my life, but not recently.

Incanus

Auror
Here in California, we're getting close to 'adjust your clocks for no good reason' time, also known as 'the alternative clock schedule that stays in effect longer than the standard clock schedule' time, again.

Looking forward to the day we chuck this ridiculous practice.

Lilly

Acolyte
Water, though seemingly peaceful, is chaotic by nature. Despite the calming feelings it elicits it is a destructive force. The streaming, spraying water carves its path into the earth itself. Even a trickle, if left over time, will leave its mark, a permanent signature for all to see. The crevices, creases, and folds it carves transforms its own path. Every trickle, every drop, every stream, and every gentle flow determines its future, what path it will follow next. Water, however, is not the only chaotic force, nature itself is chaos. Maybe, it is due to this that we as humans find peace in nature and the discord of it. Using it as a release from the strict regimens that we follow. A break from the structure that is human life.

C

Chessie

My husband is being hospitalized for 3-5 days because he's suicidal. This has been our life for 3 months. Writing has been so supremely difficult with all of this going on. I'm on a deadline and questioning whether I'll meet it. Our folks are flying up for the 2nd time this month. Things are so, so hard. Argh.

Nimue

Auror
Oh Chess, I'm so sorry... I hope your husband can get the help and care he needs. Please remember to look after yourself as well...