• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I am muscular and sexy.
42c.png
Yes, you are! HAHA

Can someone try to find me the word with the most convoluted etymology?

I was just thinking about "chocoholic" and how it's a portmanteau of two words with two utterly different origins.

Tom

Istar
Does anyone know if Camp NaNoWriMo starts today? I can't remember if it takes place in June or July.

EDIT: Glanced at my email right after posting this and it is in fact in July.

Tom

Istar
I'm a bit excited for July's Camp NaNo. I think I'll use it to write the first book of my next series.
I'm very excited! If I don't have Sea Glass finished by the end of June, I'll use Camp NaNo as a boost to get to the end of that. The remaining word count will go towards kicking off the reboot of my high fantasy project. This thing's been on hiatus for a full year now and it's time to get it going again.

srebak

Troubadour
I’ll be blunt and come right to the point; for the longest time, like many people, have been associating June with the last day of school. Except for a good period of three years back when I was living in Alaska where the school year was ended in May. But for the longest time for me otherwise the school years for me have always ended at a point where Fathers’ Day was just around the corner. Because of that, even now, when I have long since graduated from High School, I still hold that as my deadline to reminisce about my last day of school memories (nostalgia and all that rot, you understand).

But the problem that I have just recently begun to experience is that it feels like the last day of school periods in the world around me have begun to change so drastically. I mean, after I finished high school in Virginia, my mother was at last able to retire from her job and thus we have since moved back to California. However it was only within recent years of living here that I was able to learn about just how the schools that my nephew and nieces all go to let out and thus I figured out that they let out in the month of May down here. Now then, it was due to the mere purpose of nostalgic feeling that I would reminisce about my last day of school memories in the month of May, due to three years worth of the stuff happening in Alaska where the school year also ended in the fifth month of the year, so I was willing to let that discovery slide down as unimportant. However, just today, when I was looking at the calendar for the high school that I graduated from not too long ago, I discovered that not only did the graduation date for seniors move up to the second of June, but the last day of school for the underclassmen was also moved up, which left a full week in between those two dates and my previously established deadline, Fathers’s Day.

When it comes right down to it just feel so late for the party as it were when it comes to getting into the mood for 2 of June’s most well known occurrences and events, and I just needed to talk to someone about it and get some feedback about it.

So please reply to this post if you have some words to say about it