• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ready to expand myself, I wont settle for comfort.

JHooligan

Dreamer
I'm your typical factory worker, that doesn't want to settle for the day to day life of going in and out of work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but it's not fulfilling in any way. I've always had a passion for writing and telling stories. When I create a world, or a character in my head, I have to get it down on paper. I'm going to keep taking the steps necessary publish my work, and make it all come to life.

I really want to expand to other writers, and get their opinions on my work. I want to discuss the finer points of composing stories from short submissions to epic novels. I'm not just a fantasy fan, but I love Science Fiction as well. My first novel, will be a combination of the two.

When I get more pages, and chapters out, I hope I can gather volunteer critics and readers. I really want to bring my ideas to life, and I want to help others do that as well. If any author wants a volunteer to read their work, I will be more than happy to lend my time. I love to read, and discuss stories.

Last edited:

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Greetings JHooligan,

That was an impressive, yet straight-to-the-point introduction. You've come to the right place. Just a couple tips:

1) Get 5 posts so you can access the Showcase Forum (where you can share your work).
2) I find it better when you only post 1,500 word segments at a time.
3) Ask specific questions about your work. What kind of feedback are you looking for?
4) Reciprocate the effort. I know you already said you would, but it may serve as a good reminder to members.
5) Have really thick skin.
6) Find those who seem to be of the same writing style as yourself. Gather a few and create a peer-to-peer review team.

JHooligan

Dreamer
Thank you for the tips! I do have a very thick skin, and so I really don't mind sending my work to anyone at all. I want to learn and get better no matter what the criticisms are. I guess I am looking to find a team of reviewers to share work with, so we can all give critical advise to each other.

I'm your typical factory worker, that doesn't want to settle for the day to day life of going in and out of work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but it's not fulfilling in any way. I've always had a passion for writing and telling stories. When I create a world, or a character in my head, I have to get it down on paper. I'm going to keep taking the steps necessary publish my work, and make it all come to life.

I really want to expand to other writers, and get their opinions on my work. I want to discuss the finer points of composing stories from short submissions to epic novels. I'm not just a fantasy fan, but I love Science Fiction as well. My first novel, will be a combination of the two.

When I get more pages, and chapters out, I hope I can gather volunteer critics and readers. I really want to bring my ideas to life, and I want to help others do that as well. If any author wants a volunteer to read their work, I will be more than happy to lend my time. I love to read, and discuss stories.

Sounds a lot like my own life :D Welcome to Mythic Scribes!
If you haven't written anything at novel length yet, be prepared for one hell of a ride. I remember one point where everything just exploded inside my head, and took the story to a new level.

A few good advices which has helped me:
1) Write every day. (I try to compose 500 words/day)
2) Show not tell (All us newbies struggle with thas one ^^)
3) Have fun ;)

Cheers

ps. Coffee helps.

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
JHooligan,

Glad you found us. This is a good place for support and sharing ideas and information.

Terry/TWErvin2