• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ready to sink my fangs into this place :)

Dragoncat

Minstrel
You can call me Dcat, Dragon, DC...whatever suits your fancy. I love dragons, and the dragoncat is a creature from Valenon, the world for my story. Dragoncats are small felines, the size of domestic cats, with draconic wings and very sleek and shiny fur that reminds people of gemstones. So, all the colors they come in are named after gems. Red = ruby, white = diamond, etc.

Joined because I need to further develop my story among fellow writers and lovers of fantasy. The idea was born after I read Twilight and thought: "The vampire genre needs an overhaul. It's all either horror or romance or both." So after some thinking, I came up with a medieval fantasy epic featuring vamps. They live in the same world as humans and magic wielding elves, and generally keep to themselves. They don't suck blood, but they have sharp fangs, so you wouldn't want to get on their bad side. Yes, I made a pun in the topic title about this...

That's all I'll tell you atm. I also enjoy video games, my pets, and pretty much anything creative oriented.

Sioranth

Dreamer
Hi there! I've loved "dragon-cats" ever since I saw my first winged cat Windstone Editions (about 100 years ago...or more like 15). Nice to meet you. :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
One of the companions in Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion books (Elric et al) had a winged cat (these were written in the 1960s and 70s). I liked the creature right away.

Welcome to the site.