• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Roll for Greeting

Sam Evren

Troubadour
*The familiar rattle of dice*

Seriously, I rolled a one. Well, that's not going to go over well, at all. I'm the guy in the lamp shade chatting up the wall heater in the corner. "Hey, you're a hot one, aren't you? You're literally melting the wax off this cheap paper lamp shade."

Let's try that again.

*The even more familiar rattle of dice*

You've got to be kidding me. It rolled under the oven. The oven's not even in this room. It's also filthy under there. I think something just pulled the die farther under the appliance. Don't make eye contact.

Okay, so, let's just put the dice away and say that I'm Sam, I'll be your newbie this evening, and I'll extend my greetings in as awkward of a fashion as possible.

My job done, I wave enthusiastically as I head off in search of something that can reach under the oven. Something long... and preferably sharp.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Sam
and welcome to Mythic Scribes.
You need at least 7 on a D6 to make an entrance around here :p.
This is a great place to share and learn as well and waste time and meet other writers.
[regardless of what they say] Most of the people around here are "mostly harmless"...
But if you see Black Dragon flexing his talons and licking his lips - back away quietly, no sudden movements and don't make eye contact...
Leap on in and have fun!

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Thanks CupofJoe!

And that's totally not the sound of a Dremel tool etching a 7 on a d6. Honest.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Thanks CupofJoe!

And that's totally not the sound of a Dremel tool etching a 7 on a d6. Honest.

You mean you don't already have die that will roll a 7?
;)How honest! I wouldn't join in any of the games played in the back room then.... especially if the say you just can't loose. The halfling dealer looks friendly enough but she doesn't take IOUs.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome, Sam!

You look like you'll fit in well around here.

Pull up a chair and join in anywhere. Just check to make sure there isn't a cat or halfling in the chair. Both tend to object to being sat upon.

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Thanks, GeekDavid! I think I'll go find one of those chairs with a cat---can't resist cats!

Welcome Sam! Glad to have another Scribe in our fellowship. Any questions you have writing, world building, editing, or anything else concerning our craft will surly be answered here. Have fun and explore the site, and once again Welcome.

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Welcome Sam! Glad to have another Scribe in our fellowship. Any questions you have writing, world building, editing, or anything else concerning our craft will surly be answered here. Have fun and explore the site, and once again Welcome.

Thank you, druidofwinter, that's very gracious of you! I've found your hallowed halls to be quite warm and welcoming.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Sam! Have a seat, pour yourself a cup of tea/coffee/cider/other beverage of choice. There should be some fresh-baked cookies around here somewhere...

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Welcome here, Sam! Have a seat, pour yourself a cup of tea/coffee/cider/other beverage of choice. There should be some fresh-baked cookies around here somewhere...

Mmm... Cider, cookies, and cats! Thank you, Ireth, for the warm welcome!

SeverinR

Vala
I heard a newbie pushed a cat off the bar, the whole bar went all "Book of Eli" on him.
Oh, wait, that was Book of Eli. I didn't take the chance, I didn't push the cat.

Welcome.

Oh, and your the writer, you simply write you have a d6 with all 7's on it. You can do anything, its your world.

Sam Evren

Troubadour
It's funny, you know, I read the instructions on the Dremel tool incorrectly. I managed to critically fumble it and actually come up with a d6 covered in all 7's---and each and every one was embossed with a stunning shade of dried blood.

Now I just need to find the bandages.

Ireth. Be very careful. If they realize you've discovered the secret to life, the universe, and everything in a d6, they may just start terraforming. 'Cause they're... you know... "they."

Sam Evren

Troubadour
And thank you, Phil the Drill and SeverinR for the warm welcomes! The hospitality here has been beyond belief. Thank you so much for that!