• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

RPG Tools

Rithaniel

Acolyte
So, I found this website the other day, which is primarily geared towards helping people who are running a roleplaying game (more specifically, it's directed towards Dungeons and Dragons and related games). However, I find it is an amazing resource for worldbuilding in general. It includes things such as a medieval demographic calculator, a random inn generator, world map generators, name generators, and, my personal favorite: a tool with which to make a custom calendar. It has some tools geared towards fantasy and some geared towards scifi, but they all grant a good deal of control to the user, and feed back plenty of detail. I've been using it as a source of inspiration more than anything, to get the creative juices flowing, as it were.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, here is a link, and remember, it's got plenty of stuff for D&D too, if you play: donjon; RPG Tools

I'll mention, though, that the scifi generators aren't based in hard science. For example, I've gotten a few star systems that would not be stable in their given configuration.