1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

RPG Tools

Discussion in 'Writing Resources' started by Rithaniel, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Rithaniel

Rithaniel Acolyte

So, I found this website the other day, which is primarily geared towards helping people who are running a roleplaying game (more specifically, it's directed towards Dungeons and Dragons and related games). However, I find it is an amazing resource for worldbuilding in general. It includes things such as a medieval demographic calculator, a random inn generator, world map generators, name generators, and, my personal favorite: a tool with which to make a custom calendar. It has some tools geared towards fantasy and some geared towards scifi, but they all grant a good deal of control to the user, and feed back plenty of detail. I've been using it as a source of inspiration more than anything, to get the creative juices flowing, as it were.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, here is a link, and remember, it's got plenty of stuff for D&D too, if you play: donjon; RPG Tools

I'll mention, though, that the scifi generators aren't based in hard science. For example, I've gotten a few star systems that would not be stable in their given configuration.

CupofJoe and Sheilawisz like this.
  2. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Donjon's World and Dungeon generators have stopped me working for far too many hours!