• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Scribophile Members

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
I don't go to Scribophile overly much. If any of you have something that you want me to crit, feel free to drop me a message here at MS, and I'll check it out.

EDIT: Before you make such a request, though, please check out some of my critiques on the Showcase. I'm pretty brutal.

acapes

Sage
Hello everyone :)

I know this is a bit of an older thread but I thought I'd bump it to let you all know that I've made the switch from my old critique sites to Scribophile as well. I went through and I think I add all of you to favorites. Over there I'm Stephanie Villegas with an image from the always breathtaking William-Adolphe Bouguereau. ATM I'm working in a different genre when I finish, I'll hopefully be posting more Fantasy.

While I'm here ... just thought I'd ask - how long does the main spotlight queue usually take? Do you post 1 chapter at a time or would it be better to put 2 or 3 in line for the queue and (if need be) fix them along the way?

Hey! Added you over there :)

I'd say that the main spotlight could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Personal spotlights are faster of course, once you've got a big network over there. I'd post 2 or 3 chapters at a time - that might allow readers who get sucked into your story to read in bigger chunks.

The first novel I posted there I posted 20-odd chapters at once and a few people read the whole thin in a few days and I got some very valuable, consistent feedback.

For other projects that I posted a few chapters at a time, feedback varied more - ie: at chaper 15 readers would forget things they read in chapter 2, becasuse it had been a month between posting 2 and 15 etc

Holoman

Troubadour
Is anyone still using Scribophile? I just signed up, done a few crits and it seems ok. Just put the first part of my story up for a crit.

Name's Andy Blinston, feel free to add me

Is anyone still using Scribophile? I just signed up, done a few crits and it seems ok. Just put the first part of my story up for a crit.

Name's Andy Blinston, feel free to add me

I'm on Scrib. I mostly hang around on the forums as late since by the end of each day my brain is just fried.