• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Serious case of writer's block

Weaver

Sage
That must have been some serious night before-ing.

Well, you know how it is: some weird entity from another universe stops by unannounced, sits on your couch and puts his feet on your coffee table, drinks your beer (when you know darn well that he's capable of conjuring his own), and the next thing you know, you're both drunk and telling 'No shit, there I was..." stories. :)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Well, you know how it is: some weird entity from another universe stops by unannounced, sits on your couch and puts his feet on your coffee table, drinks your beer (when you know darn well that he's capable of conjuring his own), and the next thing you know, you're both drunk and telling 'No shit, there I was..." stories. :)

Why do you always have to bring that up?
Okay, yes, sure, I could have conjured my own beer, but your fridge was well stocked and I'd been resolving temporal irregularities spanning two thousand years that day. You know how my lesser deities are, soon as one of their planets start destabilizing they try to do back end adjustments and that shit just throws everything off. Bloody butterflies are what they are.
Damn good beer though.

Weaver

Sage
I'd like to someday start a story with,, "We were an only child..."

No, wait -- that's for the autobiography. :)

The one for a story is, "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say it already has."

I'd like to someday start a story with,, "We were an only child..."

No, wait -- that's for the autobiography. :)

The one for a story is, "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say it already has."

Isn't "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say it already has." from the book "Armageddon Summer"?

Weaver

Sage
Isn't "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say it already has." from the book "Armageddon Summer"?

I have no idea. It's something a friend of mine used to say, though, and I know she has never read that book. Perhaps it's simply a matter of two unconnected people both having fun with the same couple of lines from a poem.

Trick

Auror
Start with a guy standing tip toe on the edge of a cliff or tall building and he thinks, "if I hadn't already died twice, this would be scary as hell..."

As long as you don't make it about vampires, ick