• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sheilawisz is here!!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone =)

My name is Sheila, I am a writer of fantasy stories like everyone here and I just discovered Mythic Scribes a few days ago... finally I decided to join the community, so here I am!! I love talking about fantasy in general but my friends usually get bored when I start, so I hope that I can meet new fantasy-loving friends in this site

My native language is Castilian (what most people call spanish) and two of my series are written in that language, but my other series is actually being written in English- I have so far completed nine fantasy novels in three different series (light novels, nothing too heavy) working these days in two novels more, but I still have to re-read all of them and polish my work before I feel that it is just fine =)

I live in a high altitude city with winds and cold all year, I make aluminum swords and like all of you here in Mythic Scribes, I wish to someday get my stories published somehow even though sometimes I think that keeping my stories for myself would not be so bad...

My style of fantasy is very surreal worlds with devastating magic and no human characters at all, but one of my series takes place in a parallel Earth and there are humans in that story- Well, that's a little introduction from me for now, greetings!!

Sheila

lawrence

Troubadour
"I live in a high altitude city with winds and cold all year, I make aluminum swords"

Hey ! Interesting :) I already have you imagined as a shieldmaiden in Edoras ! eh eh. welcome from one newbie to another.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in wonderfully.

On another note, I am absolutely amazed at how many people on this forum speak English as a second language and yet speak (or write) in such flawless English. Maybe it is just because I'm worthless (yeah, I kinda am) but I couldn't imagine ever being so fluent and eloquent in any other language. Congratulations to all of you guys.

Solomon Tan

Minstrel
Welcome, welcome!

It's nice to know you. I'm also a new member on this forum, but unlike you, I hadn't written anything yet.. Still working out the details before I start..

Hope to hear and see your future works soon!

On another note, I am absolutely amazed at how many people on this forum speak English as a second language and yet speak (or write) in such flawless English. Maybe it is just because I'm worthless (yeah, I kinda am) but I couldn't imagine ever being so fluent and eloquent in any other language. Congratulations to all of you guys.

definitely agree. i actually speak german fluently, but i couldn't come close to your guys' eloquence in writing it. hats off to you all.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, Mythic Scribes already feels like home!! =)

lawrence said:
Hey ! Interesting I already have you imagined as a shieldmaiden in Edoras ! eh eh. welcome from one newbie to another.
That sounds great!! =) I always imagine what it would be like to be one of the mages in my stories with everything that they are capable of doing...

Solomon Tan said:
It's nice to know you. I'm also a new member on this forum, but unlike you, I hadn't written anything yet.. Still working out the details before I start..
The first advice that I can give you as a fantasy writer is that you need loads of discipline, practice, patience and true love for your stories... good luck =)

Elder the Dwarf and Seth son of Tom: Thanks for that =) I have been learning English for my entire life, and yet when I write stories with it I have the feeling that the language is always one step ahead of me- Sometimes it can be very frustrating, and I think that as a fantasy writer it's a disadvantage because English seems to be the language of Fantasy literature these days

In case anyone is interested in making aluminum swords, just send me a private message and I can provide detailed instructions... it's not very difficult but it can be a little dangerous, and please keep in mind that these crafts are not exactly toys or wallhangers =)

Sheila

Hello and welcome dear,
I can't help but wonder... If you have books that are already finished, why on earth are you not polishing those and looking to publish them?

At any rate Hope you enjoy it here!
~BL~

Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in wonderfully.

Ah Elder your work is good don't go selling yourself short dear.
I have tried to write in Hindi, which I speak just fine, but somehow the poetry gets lost in translation. :( So... the peeps who can switch between languages amaze me as well! :)

Paul

Acolyte
Welcome Sheila.

Hello Sheila. For starters, you are most definately in the right place.
My name is Paul and i'm currently working on my very first novel the'Last Oracle'-an adventure story filled with cruel demons, sorcery, dark creatures of magic and a group of survivors who embark on a perilious adventure...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello and welcome dear,
I can't help but wonder... If you have books that are already finished, why on earth are you not polishing those and looking to publish them?
Thanks for the welcome =) Well, the nine novels that I already have still need polishing, and that's exactly what I have been doing with them for several years... At the same time I have to keep writing (discipline, loads of discipline!!) to finish the same series, so I am not ready to try to publish yet

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Sheila. For starters, you are most definately in the right place.
My name is Paul and i'm currently working on my very first novel the'Last Oracle'-an adventure story filled with cruel demons, sorcery, dark creatures of magic and a group of survivors who embark on a perilious adventure...
Hello =) Your stories sound interesting, I like demons and strange creatures of magic!! My mages could be considered some sort of demons I think, and they are sometimes very cruel