• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Silly Questions for Writers

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Kind of a game we can do here.

Post a question that could only pertain to writers. The next poster answers the question and poses a new question. Make your questions and answers fun!

My first question below:

If there was an disaster tomorrow that wiped out a large portion of the Earth, would you still be a writer?

ALB2012

Maester
I'd still be a writer but I doubt I'd still be writing. Unless of course the portion of the earth which was gone was mine, then no.

Question: If writing became illegal would you continue?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Yes, in secret.

What would you do if the MC of your current WIP appeared in your house?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
In any of my worlds, I'd probably be dead before the day was done.

If you could say anything to the villain of your current WIP without consequences, what would it be?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
This week I'm writing about a guy who pretends to be a demon for the fat cat challenge. So I'm pretty sure I'd barricade the door and lead the kids out the fire escape. Or laugh, and point, and mock him, until he got mad and walked away. One of the two.

"That makeup looks pathetic."

If you grew wings, what would you want them to look like?

The Construct

Minstrel
Big, feathery angel wings. But I wouldn't want just two of them. I'd want two dozen! And for anyone who gazes upon me to go insane, or burst into flames. In traditional angelic fashion.

If you could go back in time, would you use your knowledge of the future to sell bestselling books that someone else would have written? And if so, which ones?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
No, I'd just use the extra time to finish my own novels sooner and get them published before the trends die out.

If you could be someone from your novel, who would you be and why?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Tusk (The Ultimate Sidekick) is too much like me with superpowers. I'd pick him because he was a fun first-time-writer's MC, but really, I just need to trade my inhibitions for superpowers and multiply my cluelessness by two and I'm him.

Of my WIP characters… well, damn. I gotta be a girl now. I choose you, Addison Lane. Why? She's my first character who's awesome without being ridiculously powerful, and she gets to use fun gadgets like a grappler gun. She's like Bionic Commando minus the technology.

Q: A character you killed off asks you, "Why did you create me?" You've got some explaining to do! Well…?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Everyone in our series, even our immortals, has an expiration date. You just hit yours, honey. Sorry.

Q: When you get that idea just as you fall asleep, what do you do?

JRFLynn

Sage
Stay up all night typing, until my head conks out on the keyboard.

Q: How would you dispatch your villain?

Noma Galway

Archmage
Wear an Amulet of the Triple Gods and stab her in the face.

If you suddenly had abilities just like your MC's, what would you do with them?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Fold my laundry and tidy up the apartment (he's a neat and orderly, but otherwise unremarkable, guy).

Q: You've unexpectedly got the entire day off and decide to sit down and write - but you just can't get into the mood. How do you procrastinate?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'll get back to you on that one.

Think of the scene or chapter you have written most recently. After skimming a few of the latest posts here on MS, you go back to your document to proofread your latest scene. A hand reaches through your monitor and pulls you in. It's the main character from that scene, and (s)he says, "Thanks for writing that. Now I'll repay you by writing your scene." (S)he then climbs out of your computer and starts typing up a little adventure for you, as payback for the one you just wrote.

Is this a reward or punishment, and what do you expect will be your fate?

JRFLynn

Sage
Definitely a punishment, he's been through some tough experiences. I'd say, my adventure will be full of flying projectiles aimed for my face, with no happy ending...

Q: What would life be like if your characters were your neighbors next door?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'd be in constant threat of being sliced and diced. I'd probably give them a pie so they'd leave me alone.

Q: A dragon just landed in the middle of your kitchen. What do you do?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Depends on the size of the dragon. If it's small and cute like Mushu, I'd regard it with caution and possibly try to placate it with food. If it's huge and terrifying like Smaug, I'd run for my life.

If you had to live among a non-human race from your world, which would you choose and why?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'd live with the nezzlers because they're creepy-looking and live in packs so I'd always have friends around to scare others off.

Q: If you were a character in your world, what kind of weapon would you carry?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
"I'm faking my accent. Not 'faking me accent.' MY accent."

Q: If your characters lived in the real world—that is, somewhere on this planet in 2014 as we know it—what country would they prefer to reside in?