• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

*Something Witty and Cool*

fcounago1

Good evening all,
My name is Felipe. You may call me Felipe. I'm never quite sure what to put in these accursed introductions, so I'll simply start shooting from the hip here. I'm from Brazil, but moved to Mississippi, USA in 2012. But now I live in Utah. I've always had a passion for stories, but the idea of me writing my own is rather recent. I am am currently *attempting* to write my first novel after years of deliberating and stalling. Surprisingly, however, that is not the reason I initially joined this writing community. I am currently going to school, and my first big English assignment for Intro to Academic Writing was to join a writing community and write a paper on it. So here I am. Wish me luck.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met fcounago1
Good to have you here
I had the same assignment when I did a creative writing course, a few years back. It was later explained that it was an attempt to get new/nervous writers to join a group where other people could be in the same position It also got you to talk about your writing and learn from others that were perhaps more experienced. Not sure how that would work for academic writing.
Good luck with the paper!
[but don't tell them a Black Dragon runs the place. They'll never believe you]

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Interesting that an academic writing class sent you to one for creative writing. We creative types dont always follow the rules that academia might want (Note: I dont footnote very much).

I wonder what they want you to get out of it.

And since you here, may as well start that novel ;)