• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sopa

I'm not publishing on Amazon with DRM, and will get around to putting up stuff free on my site to reel in future sales, loss leader I think it's called. Personally I don't see a pirated copy of my book as a lost sale, they weren't going to buy it anyways so no real loss.

It's not like they stole it from me and now I have one less book on a shelf to sell. The pirate just made a perfect digital copy of my work without compensating me. I'm accepting it will happen (I should be so lucky), so if I put something out there, I want to make sure the pirates can't improve on the user experience.

I hope these sites going dark is worth it, not having Wikipedia has slowed me down today.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

Graham Irwin said:
I'm sure we're all seeing the news reports coming in. The bills will not leave committee!

Woo-hoo internet democracy!!

Let's hope it stays down. I am sure about bill that does a lot of the same stuff but not quite so bad will be introduced shortly. They'll say, "See, not as bad as SOPA," and we'll say, "Cool, pass it," and we will be no better off than if SOPA had passed.

What is that quote about not getting the government we want but rather the government we deserve? Hopefully we're going to become more deserving of a more representative government.

If anyone in your district was for SOPA, vote for the other guy next time.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

personally i am very frightened because it will effect me aswell as a person in foriegn country to usa for those of us who can't spend on everything and prices going up it ot of double talk i am wandering what i can do to derail this on my part

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I received an email response from one of my senators, Pat Toomey.

He says that while he is opposed to piracy, SOPA is bad legislation which would have negative consequences, and that he opposes it.