• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Thanks notifications

DMThaane

Sage
I'm probably the only one who'll have a problem with this but I'm not a fan of the thanks (given) showing up on my profile. I avoid all thank, like, up vote, and similar systems as a way of encouraging myself to consider everything in detail and form independent opinions on things. It also forces me to get over my social anxiety if I want to express my own view, rather than just 'thanking' the closest equivalent. Now I'm worried it just makes me look mean.

Not asking for anything to change, as I fully accept this is one of my many weird personal policies, but thought I ought to mention it.

La Volpe

Sage
I'm probably the only one who'll have a problem with this but I'm not a fan of the thanks (given) showing up on my profile. I avoid all thank, like, up vote, and similar systems as a way of encouraging myself to consider everything in detail and form independent opinions on things. It also forces me to get over my social anxiety if I want to express my own view, rather than just 'thanking' the closest equivalent. Now I'm worried it just makes me look mean.

Not asking for anything to change, as I fully accept this is one of my many weird personal policies, but thought I ought to mention it.

I'm actually with you on that one. If I want to thank someone, I'd just make a post to thank them.

The thank system makes me think of Facebook, which I don't like (pun intended) at all, so I've just been ignoring the whole thanking system as far as the forum software is allowing me to.

DMThaane

Sage
I'm actually with you on that one. If I want to thank someone, I'd just make a post to thank them.

The thank system makes me think of Facebook, which I don't like (pun intended) at all, so I've just been ignoring the whole thanking system as far as the forum software is allowing me to.

Always nice to know I've got company! I'd thank your post but it would seem to undermine the argument.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
La Volpe, DMThaane I couldn't resist thanking both of you...

I might have a problem, lol.