• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Centers for Disease Control formally denied we're in a zombie apocalypse.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I just looked out from my window and there they are, zombies walking all over my street!!!

Time to sharpen my Aluminum swords =)

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Conspiracy of lies. Zombies are everywhere. Just go to a damn mall and watch as they shamble from store to store.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
<- is gonna go hang out at Reaver's house at the first sign of the flesh-eating kind.

I'm hoping for the brain-eaters to starve to death and become extinct before the doo-doo really hits the fan. But if there's a wave of flesh-eating ones... I'm hiding behind the nearest BOOMSTICK. And buckling my seatbelt, and working on my cardio!

Last edited:

Kelise

Maester
HA! I've read Mira Grant's Newsflesh trilogy. I know exactly what the CDC are like. Creepy buggers.

Thank goodness for being in Australia.

JenB

when running from them always know, you do not have to be the fastest just faster then the slowest ;)

Reaver

Staff
<- is gonna go hang out at Reaver's house at the first sign of the flesh-eating kind.

I'm hoping for the brain-eaters to starve to death and become extinct before the doo-doo really hits the fan. But if there's a wave of flesh-eating ones... I'm hiding behind the nearest BOOKSTICK. And buckling my seatbelt, and working on my cardio!

Bookstick? Well, no matter..everyone's invited to seek the safety of my fortified compound in the Idaho wilderness.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Sorry K and M are next to each other. I'm always editing posts after typing quickly and realizing I havent read before I hit send.
HAHAHA at least this one didn't turn out indecent! I've severely embarrassed myself before when typing quickly, especially when I accidentally hit backspace like it's a character found twice in every single word. HAHA I'm gonna need a ghostwriter to write my jokes on threads next!

Reaver

Staff
It's all good, Anihow. We're going to need you're help setting up a government once the apocalypse is over, joke-writing skills are not necessary.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
hahaha well since I don't know a darn thing about structure or government other than Kill or be Killed, I might not be the best person to choose. I mean, I think I would make a wonderful Czarina or Empress of America, but my policies would probably just come out deranged after the power went to my head. Better keep me on as something else, High Priestess of the Zombie-smiting Church, Diplomat between the survivors' outposts, gun-toting amusement park ride operator...

Reaver

Staff
Well it's your choice of course, Anihow. Any of those will fit nicely into my rule over Reavertopia.

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
AHAHAHAHA.

So I guess Czarina is out then if you've already seated yourself on the throne.

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I've never murdered a duck... HAHA I love the bit with the maggots. Now that's a book I would read:

After the initial Zombification virus was discovered, scientists began genetically engineering flies to grow to enormous proportions, crossing fly DNA with that of the herbiverous but territorial hippo. Once they had created giant flies, it was only a matter of time before they bred stores of massive carrion-eating maggots. So planes dropped these gargantuan larvae into the zombie nests and within days the outbreak was quashed.

Mindfire

Istar
I've never murdered a duck... HAHA I love the bit with the maggots. Now that's a book I would read:

After the initial Zombification virus was discovered, scientists began genetically engineering flies to grow to enormous proportions, crossing fly DNA with that of the herbiverous but territorial hippo. Once they had created giant flies, it was only a matter of time before they bred stores of massive carrion-eating maggots. So planes dropped these gargantuan larvae into the zombie nests and within days the outbreak was quashed.

Something tells me a nuke would be simpler. But the giant maggots idea is quite entertaining!