• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The eagles are coming!

Eagle

Scribe
Howdy people!

I'm a lover of fantasy who stumbled across this forum via the joys of Twitter. I read a lot, review books on YouTube, and write as much as I can (in the small hours of free time that I have, I hate having a full-time job :p). About halfway through a Sci-fi fantasy novel I'm working on (It's about 380 pages A5) and loving every moment of the writing process. Some of my favourite fantasy authors include George. R. R. Martin, Patrick Rothuss, Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Robin Hobb, and Brent Weeks. I've also recently finished reading Joe Abercrombie's 'First Law' trilogy.

How is everyone doing this fine eve/morn/afternoon? (wherever in the world you may be)

Much love x

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Eagle! Glad you decided to perch here awhile. :D Feel free to have a look around, but watch out for the cats!

Eagle

Scribe
Why thank you Ireth, I may just rest my wings a while. It is migration season after all and my kind are getting rather excited. Cats did you say? I'll make sure I remain discreet and keep my head down till they pass by.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Eagle
Welcome to Mythic Scribes
I'm doing fine this evening, thank you for asking, even if I got soaking wet this morning when out walking. Hope you are doing well too.
We are a world wide place, indeed... This is a great place to share and learn [and joke and waste time].
Don't step on the cats and everything should be fine [Ireth beat me to the cat warning...].

Eagle

Scribe
Many a time have I hunted mice, only to be disappointed for them to turn out to be hobbits. This eagle must once more go hungry it seems, particularly because I've never been able to open a fridge...

GeekDavid

Auror
Many a time have I hunted mice, only to be disappointed for them to turn out to be hobbits. This eagle must once more go hungry it seems, particularly because I've never been able to open a fridge...

I'm sure someone will be happy to open the fridge for you. :)

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
....Wormhair.

And i'm aware this is off-topic, [along with the rest of it all lol] but I ate a worm yesterday. My apologies David.

Eagle

Scribe
Shhh! Don't mention worms. I've been trying to stay off them for months now, but it is a struggle. And besides, I don't want to offend our mutual friend here. :)

GeekDavid

Auror
Shhh! Don't mention worms. I've been trying to stay off them for months now, but it is a struggle. And besides, I don't want to offend our mutual friend here. :)

You can eat the one down the road... he always blasts his radio in his car, even late at night. Wakes me up all the time.

SeverinR

Vala

Welcome:
I hear Hobbit-zes taste like chicken, with hair.

Eagle

Scribe
You heard incorrectly my friend. They taste like a sweaty mattress, and a particularly rancid sweaty mattress at that! I had to wash my mouth out in the Mediterranean for a fortnight before I got the taste out! We hates it forever!