• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Guardian Chronicles by Lewis Keating

I have completed my own fantasy work to be published this Thursday, March 15th 2012. My first novel: The Guardian Chronicles: Emergence. This is my first published work and is the first book in a planned series. I am an avid fan of Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons. I also grew up reading stories of myths from different ancient cultures. I began to notice similarities between the fiction of FF and D&D and the mythological stories from ancient times. Three years ago, I set out on a journey to create a story that has all the elements of adventure from Final Fantasy/D&D, as well as, a base in historical facts/locations and the myths that developed from those time periods. My goal was to take things that already exist in the world as we know it and formulate a “fantasy story with grounds in reality.” In my series, every concept, every creature, every ancient hero/culture, every philosophy exists today in the real world is some way.

A myth is a story based on tradition or legend. Here is my myth….

“Our world is one of an infinite number of realms in existence. Thanks to an ancient seal, Earth as been protected from whatever would cross the mist. That was almost a thousand years ago. The magic is fading. Our world as we know it today is about to become overrun by creatures and beings we thought only existed in myth. All the heroes we read about from different cultures were once known as Guardians who protect the people of this world. The stories were recorded by a secret society known as the Order of the Key. Arrogantly thinking our world was safe, Guardians faded from history and the stories were soon dismissed as myth. The Order never stopped watching over the planet. They knew that Guardians would once again be needed. A young man is chosen to cross the mist into a hidden realm where he is to learn how to unlock the dormant power that lay in all mankind. He will be the first Guardian in almost a millennium to lead a new generation in the battle against a forgotten threat. But as we all know, the most powerful enemy one can face is the one we inside ourselves…”

Facebook.com/TheGuardianChronicles

I invite all to share in my story, as well as, any recommendations of stories you have for me. I’m currently reading The Hunger Games and A Song of Fire and Ice. I’ve read The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Rift War Saga, Sword of Shanara, and Ender’s Game series. Of course, some of the best stories I’ve ever read come from those short stories that people come up with while sitting at their desk. I look forward to talking with you all.

Last edited by a moderator: