• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That? v3.1

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
A train! A train! A train! A train!
green_eggs.JPG

___Green eggs or ham? (Hong Kong style)
th
th

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Ettin!

@Reaver, I wouldn't've blamed you for picking none of the above. The humor of those parodies does not stand the test of time. I watched them after posting and realized my memory of seeing those at the age of eight is much funnier.

It's like when I tried to watch Revenge of the Nerds in college. In my memory it was funny, but I was eleven when I watched it. At twenty-something, I wondered if the nerd laughs and naked girls were all an eleven-year-old boy needed to be like "wicked awesome!"

80s movie that best stands the test of time: Aliens or… oh, c'mon. It's Aliens.

80s movie that second-best stands the test of time: Back to the Future or Robocop?

Saigonnus

Auror
Back to the future. It has a three movie dynasty compared to just one.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off or The Breakfast Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Ben Stein: "Bueller… Bueller…"

Now for two movies I own as Director's Cuts that make me wish I owned the Original Theatrical Release…

Worst extra footage: Aliens or Watchmen?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
@Reaver, see my sig or yours for the answer. Also, I totally agree with your answer. I can deal with the Aliens extra scenes. It's just a pacing issue. The Watchmen animated scenes… why?

@Saigonnus, I thought your response was a commentary on the other two Robocop films.

That said, let next next poster decide: does the Robocop series have 1 sucky film or 2 sucky films?
If you said 2, you meant Robocop 3 and the 2015 remake, right? 'Cause how can you hate Robocop 2? A little boy tells Robocop to have sexual intercourse with a refrigerator. That's comedy gold.

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Yes. Robocop 3 and the shitty remake.

I don't want to go on a rant about Hollywood ruining classic movies but Ghostbusters with chicks and now Big Trouble in Little China with The Rock?

Give me a f**king break! How dare they sully the timeless quality of these films by 'updating" them for dumbass youngsters who never heard of the originals?

What's next? The Goonies starring Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus? Gremlins with a CGI Gizmo starring Taylor Lautner as Billy Peltzer?

But I digress...

What's worse? Remakes of classic movies or reboots of an established franchise?

If I had to pick I'd say remakes of classic movies are the worst: (1) The day the earth stood still (2) Clash of the Titans (3) Exodus Gods and Kings

Reboots are sometimes not that bad: (1) Batman Begins (2) Man of Steel (3) JJ Abrams Star Trek

I'm cherry picking of course. What's always needed with retelling, rebooting or any sequel is a passionate writer and director with a great theme, characters and vision to share. Just look at how fantastic Aliens was because of James Cameron.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Goonies with Beiber is next. (Had to answer something.)

Which director is following more closely in George Lucas' footsteps, meaning he directed awesomeness then lost touch?
  • James Cameron: from Terminator, Aliens and T2 to Titanic to Avatar
    or
  • Peter Jackson: from LotR trilogy and The Lovely Bones to King Kong to the Hobbit trilogy?

So, that's not really a contest since you need a movie better than Aliens on Jackson's good side or a 10-hour single movie released as trilogy on Cameron's wtf side.

FOLLOW-UP: Would Lucas vs. Jackson have been a closer call than Cameron vs. Jackson?

Reaver

Staff
Peter Jackson.

King Kong and The Hobbit were terrible. Lazy writing, bad acting and ridiculous action sequences in both.

Lucas vs. Jackson would've been better because of Lucas going from Star Wars 4,5 and 6 to 1,2, and 3.

Bruce Campbell's as Ash or Bruce Campbell as Brisco County, Jr.?

(If you have to Google Bruce Campbell, shame on you.)

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
When Bruce Campbell signed his book, he wrote "Hey John, stay groovy. ~Ash" …so, Ash.

Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness?

BONUS QUESTION: What was the name for Army of Darkness before its release?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaver

Staff
Since Evil Dead II is basically a remake of The Evil Dead, I'll say Army of Darkness.

Bonus: Medieval Dead? Evil Dead 3? Bruce Campbell Vs. The Army of Darkness? Evil Dead 1300 A.D.?
(This is called the shotgun.. No... BOOMSTICK approach to answering the question.)

Coup de grâce or coup d' etat?

Last edited: