• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or that?

WyrdMystic

Inkling
Yahtzee.

Dice or cards?

Cards...more fun can be had with a deck of cards....like being caught cheating at a poker table and being dragged into the back office to be beaten with a sock full of billiard balls before having your ear sliced off and being thrown in the gutter.....ahhhh, fun times.

Flux Capacitor or Interrossiter?

Reaver

Staff
Flux Capacitor, but only if you have Mr. Fusion to provide the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to achieve time travel.

Mr. Fusion or Plutonium?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Green Eggs and Ham.

a) because the "thousand-year-old egg" is green, so I know it's safe to eat
b) because in the alternative, I'm served Spam twice. I don't wanna be spammed by Spam!

Spammed by actual Spam or trolled by actual trolls?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Then the troll would be flamed by flame. But that's flaming sword flaming, not chat-room flaming, so there's no irony. Just fire.

Anyway, Goonies! Reason: I don't remember any Stand By Me video games. (I had C64 Goonies and borrowed the NES version from a friend. Each had its own version of the Cyndi Lauper song.)

Cindy or Cyndi? (Really, Lauper… WTF! Learn to spell your own name.)

BONUS QUESTION: Which "Cindy" were you pitting against Cyndi Lauper?

Sparkie

Auror
Cindy. As in (BONUS) the song Cindy:

Get along home, Cindy, Cindy

I'll marry you sometime...

Ragtime or Bluegrass?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
First, for Phietadix who ninja'd WyrdMystic: Murdock because he KO'd Mr. T with a headbutt. It made a *bong* sound.

Now, for Sparkie 'cause it's his turn: Bluegrass, assuming that's like O Brother Where Art Thou music.

Gandolfini's death scene in The Man Who Wasn't There or Gandolfini's maybe-death in The Sopranos?

BONUS: When I saw The Man Who Wasn't There, how many people laughed very, very loudly when Gandolfini's character was stabbed in the throat?

Reaver

Staff
Gandolfini's maybe-death in The Sopranos.

Answer to Bonus: Everyone except you. You were the only one who felt pity for that character. Pffft, who am I kidding? I bet you laughed so hard you nearly pissed yourself.

Bigger shock:

Henry Blake's death on M.A.S.H. or The Fonz coming out of the closet?

BONUS: When did the U.S. Army stop using M.A.S.H. units and why?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Answer to Bonus: Everyone except you. You were the only one who felt pity for that character. Pffft, who am I kidding? I bet you laughed so hard you nearly pissed yourself.
It was me and one other friend who laughed like crazy at that scene. The rest of the audience—including my other friends—sat in stunned silence as Gandolfini's character gargled on his own blood, trying to finish his sentence. I'm glad the only other person to find that hilarious was in our party, so when asked "Why laugh at that?" I had an ally.

The Fonz.

BONUS: When Clinton's D.A.D.T. policy was enacted. Reason: because Blake died and the Fonz came out, so General So-and-So said, "Different world, different units" before saluting the entire U.S. Army and marching off into the sunset singing Y.M.C.A.

Pac Man Fever or The Entire WWF Singing "Na Na Na Gonna Have a Good Time"?

BONUS (FOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY): Which MS mod is most likely to wanna beat the living crap out of the World Wildlife Foundation for stealing the initials "WWF" from the better-known World Wrestling Federation though litigation under the grounds of the I-had-it-first clause?

Disclaimer: He might not actually care. I never heard him complain about this, so yeah, I'm putting words in somebody's mouth.

Reaver

Staff
PAC MAN FEVER! Thirty two years later and I'm still goin' outta my mind!

Bummer that I can't answer the BONUS.

Quest For Fire or Quest for Tires?

BONUS: What time does my flight leave tomorrow?

Reaver

Staff
Smith an Wesson, or Colt?

Did you mean Smith and Wesson? If not, it's "Smith a Wesson." Although I'm not quite sure what a wesson is and why one would want to smith it.

If you're referring to firearms, I prefer Colt.

Imps or gremlins?

Kelpies

Only because I like mermaids.

@Reaver, yes I meant Smith and Wesson. I prefer Colts in automatics. I'm a 1911 fan, hooked on Tussy Customs.

I prefer SW revolvers, the N-frames. I had a Python, just like a whiny uptown daddy's girl. Expensive to run, always in the shop, and addicted to only one reload.

Wrangler or HD jeans?