• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tv and movie dates to look forward too:

SeverinR

Vala
February 22, 2013 08:51:00 AM New Madison OH US Out for delivery
GOT got there, according to this Fedex tracking. (at work)

SeverinR

Vala
Game of Thrones:
Watched the first 4 discs over the weekend.
It continues its greatness.

I decided, I Love the HD, hate Blu-ray players.

SeverinR

Vala
MOnsters U and Kick ass II out this month.

Was looking forward to KA II, but Colonel Stars and Stripes with Jim Carey?
I could see him over doing the military super hero and with his rant about gun control, I'm not sure I want to support him, even more so when the work uses firearms which he ranted about.

They changed Red mist's actor, "Wouldn't have been able to get away with (the original Red miSt actor)"
Really, you have a cute young teen girl slicing and dicing, blowing people away, but an older teen male can't do something totally evil, because no one would believe it? His father was killed, he could do anything after that, and be believable.

Last edited:

Ophiucha

Auror
I don't think an actor's stance on something really relates to how well they can act the opposite. Particularly since I doubt he's as strongly opposed to it as most anybody in Hollywood is opposed to murder (though most would play a serial killer in a good film).

I'm just not confident about the director. I mean, Matthew Vaughn didn't have a lot of directorial credits under his belt when he took on Kick-Ass, but at least he'd worked on a lot of big films. The biggest credit under this guy's name was that he was an unnamed extra in Pearl Harbour a decade ago. Not a great sign. Not sure why they'd change Red Mist's actor - last I heard he was still in the film. Maybe they're going to do a flashback sequence and Mintz-Plasse is just too old to look the part? I mean, the actor is over 18 now so there's nothing he could do that would be really obscene from a moral standpoint outside of the film, and as you said, in the film we've already got Hit-Girl doing her thing.

Monsters University looks cute, though. :) Might go see it.

Ophiucha

Auror
It was a terrible choice to have the first frame of the trailer have Michael Bay's name front-and-center. That's incredibly discouraging. But the trailer itself looks pretty good - pirates, you gotta love pirates. Plus, I absolutely adored Starz's Spartacus and I've liked what I've seen of Da Vinci's Demons, so they have a good track record.

SeverinR

Vala
Monsters comes out tomorrow, but movie times show today?

Actually KA is now delayed until Aug16th.

We're the Millers looks funny. Aug 9th

SeverinR

Vala
I think its time for Zombie land 2 to Nut up or shut up.
Pushed back several times, now the release date is in 2014.

4 years after the original? I think they have a cult following, and some new members discover the greatness of the movie,
but the momentum is quickly fading.

Postponing ZL2 because WWZ came out was a mistake. Brad and the zombies will score big, but wait a month or two then drop it in. Zomie movies are popular, but the wave will fail like vampires did. I think a good zombie movie will keep people watching, letting the zombie craze drop into repetitive low budget wannabe's won't improve ZL2's chances.

SeverinR

Vala
MOnsters University-it was better then I thought it would be, still not great as the original, storyline seemed weak.

The great Scare team are college dropouts?

I did like Waternoose early years.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
MOnsters University-it was better then I thought it would be, still not great as the original, storyline seemed weak.

[snip]

I did like Waternoose early years.

Spoiler tags please, Severin! Some of us haven't seen it yet and don't want to know the ending!

SeverinR

Vala
Dec 14,2012
The Hobbit Saw it

A haunted house (spoof on Paranormal activity)
Jan 11,2013 saw it

Hansel and Gretle saw it
1-25-2013

Game of Thrones season III;
3-31-2013
(haven't seen season II yet, but hey, I know there will be a three.) want it

Kick Ass II* saw it, one was better, but 2 was ok.
6-28-2013

Lone ranger? didn't see it, looked lame.
7-3-2013

Les Misérables - Dec 25 2012

Beautiful Creatures -
Feb 13 2013 didn't see it

Jack the Giant Slayer
Mar 1 2013 didn't see it.

Oz: The Great and Powerful
Mar 8 2013 didn't see it.

The Host - Another Twilight contender, this one by the same author
March 29 2013 Didn't see it.

Jurassic Park 3D - I'd be all over this if I could watch 3D movies with my glasses
April 5 2013 didn't see it.

The Evil Dead - Not sure why it needs a remake or if it'll be worth while without Bruce Cambell or Sam Rami but it's coming
April 12 2013 missed it.

Iron Man 3
Mar 3 2013 didn't see it

Stark Trek Into Darkness - I actually liked the Abrhams reboot so I'm looking forward to this.
May 17 2013 didn't see it

EPIC - Looks to be good fantasy for the kids, not on the Shrek or Brave level but still decent
May 24 2013 missed it.

Man of Steel
June 14 2013 missed it

Despicable Me 2 - If it's even close to as good as the first one it will be well worth watching.
July 3 2013 didn't wee it.

Pacific Rim
July 12 2013 didn't see it

The Wolverine - "Let's just pretend the last one didn't happen"
July 26 2013 didn't see it.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Disney's attempts to push back against Harry Potter several years too late
August 16 2013 didn't see it, but looked good.

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - The book was glorified Harry Potter/Twilight fan fic with some demonology and incest tacked on to make it edgy. It's probably going to beat out Beautiful Creatures and The Host for the Twilight throne.
August 23 2013 missed it, did it come out?

Thor: The Dark Worlds - Because Marvel Studios' movies that aren't Iron Man are too cool for numbers
November 8 2013 Looks promising, saw previews when I saw KA II*.

Last edited: