• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Usernames and their mystical meanings...

I'm Catholic and I LOVE the comic/graphic novel The Crow. It inspired me to begin writing my own graphic novel but I eventually left that behind for written fiction a la novels & shorts. There's some association somewhere therein with Siberian Shamanism (I'm not a practitioner- I just find it fascinating). I feel like anything I create is like the shaman's bird - I have control over it initially but eventually it takes over me and soars off to take on whatever form it chooses. I'm sure you can all relate - sometimes our writing seems to have a mind of its own. Beyond that, I feel like whatever we put out there in the world will be taken as it is - soaring off and (hopefully) having affecting people along the way. I don't know if I'm explaining this right - it makes sense in my head ... there's probably a better explanation on my profile.

Oh and I'm not a goth but I do have a tendency to lean that way so ... yeah "The Catholic Crow" - also it's never taken as a username so I don't ever end up with something like SteFanIe1381z632!x563! ... there are apparently lots of women on the internet named Stephanie. :)

Last edited:
Mines the name of the main character of my first book. I am pretty terrible with usernames or any names of any kind. Actually if you find a Lunaairis on any site, its probably me.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm Catholic and I LOVE the comic/graphic novel The Crow. It inspired me to begin writing my own graphic novel but I eventually left that behind for written fiction a la novels & shorts. There's some association somewhere therein with Siberian Shamanism (I'm not a practitioner- I just find it fascinating). I feel like anything I create is like the shaman's bird - I have control over it initially but eventually it takes over me and soars off to take on whatever form it chooses. I'm sure you can all relate - sometimes our writing seems to have a mind of its own. Beyond that, I feel like whatever we put out there in the world will be taken as it is - soaring off and (hopefully) having affecting people along the way. I don't know if I'm explaining this right - it makes sense in my head ... there's probably a better explanation on my profile.

Oh and I'm not a goth but I do have a tendency to lean that way so ... yeah "The Catholic Crow" - also it's never taken as a username so I don't ever end up with something like SteFanIe1381z632!x563! ... there are apparently lots of women on the internet named Stephanie. :)

And here I thought you were combining your religion with a passion for the 'Nights Watch' in GRRM's 'Game of Thrones' (because they are commonly called 'crows.'

arboriad

Scribe
Arboriad comes from there Tooele of my ever elusive WIP - 'The Arboriad - Tales from the Arboreal War'. So far anyway. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SeverinR

Vala
I thought I posted mine, maybe someone else had a similar post.
My name is my SCA name shortened.
Severin-made popular by Pope Septimus Severus(199-217AD), and was used through most of the middle ages.
R=Rheinfelser- being from or worked on or in Rheinfels castle, St Goar, 1245 (Using the German spelling)

For my pen name I shortened my SCA name to Severin Rheiner. (Which means basically of or from the Rhein river valley.)

NerdyCavegirl is on of my less creative ones. I'm definitely a nerd, whatever your definition is, I'm sure I fit it. One of my biggest hobbies is researching almost ANYTHING for days, from animal behavior to Mayan cuisine to Zoroaster to naughty things you don't even wanna know. xD Cavegirl because I'm a primitivist, and also because I have no manners and the violent streak stereotypical to our ancestors. My other usernames have more thought, but I prefer to keep my various online identities separate from each other and my real identity for security reasons, especially my political/environmental forum persona. It doesn't take but a wrong word to end up in a cage nowadays. Dx

WhiteCrow

Acolyte
WhiteCrow.

I was thinking Raven, but great-grandma used to call me her little Raven so no [ironic as I don't possess black "raven" hair (I'm blonde)]. And cougar came to mind, seeing as He is my spirit guide / totem animal, however, far too intimate.

Anyways, the name has a multiple of meanings. The crow, not necessarily just the raven, has been portrayed in many "pagan" and pre-Christian cultures / beliefs [aboriginal and European alike] as associated with spirits. A messenger between the gods and/or the dead and mortals. Keeper of the Scared Laws. An animal that sees all for what it really is, for which illusions hold no sway and for which time holds no meaning.

A symbol of spirituality and spiritual awareness ironically - it is just Christianity that made the crow / raven evil just as how Christianity is the reason why the snake [which was once deemed good] is now evil.

Not only that but both the raven & the crow are marked for their intelligence, their cunning, and mischievousness. The crow is a bird of swift thinking and extremely adaptable.

Anyways crow for the spiritual meaning, the tie with spirits and supernatural. My father's mother's family is very old, very very old with a long familial history, and a number of us possess an enhanced "sixth sense". Psychic abilities seems to be an inheritable trait [mental issues are not though - mental problems are few & far between] from that side of the family. This includes awareness of ghosts [my grandmother, my father, and my brother as well as a few other relatives] and foretellings [my grandmother had a friend say "goodbye" to her in a dream and said friend was dead within a week; many times I have being doing something and realized I did it before... it is a rather rattling experience when realizing one has already "held" an interview (many times I've been sitting answering questions thinking - yep, room looks familiar... yet never stepped foot in the room before).

The crow's other listed traits, I also possess.

Forgoing religious ... stuff... white is spiritually tied just not for the reasons you'd think. White symbolizes awareness, brilliance, clarity, and insightfulness. It also represents understanding, open mindedness, visions / dreams. White is actually violet chakra and basically indicates beyond-mortal awareness. Universal understanding [higher consciousness] not divinity - utterly different.

Last edited:
"Luís Santana" is my first and last real names. Plus, four middle names. :whistle:
My avatar is a pregnant guppy in an aquarium. It's a drawing I made for "4 GRAMS OF REASON" and is part of a transmedia project.

Last edited: