• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Weapon and Character Matching Query

Nighty_Knight

Troubadour
Another choice can be the Lachaber axe or depending on her armor and era style the story takes place, a baskethilt claymore and targe shield if it is post renaissance or early modern era. With good armor, a two handed claymore would work just fine, no need for a shield when you are wearing it on your body.

Cu Mara

Dreamer
Another choice can be the Lachaber axe or depending on her armor and era style the story takes place, a baskethilt claymore and targe shield if it is post renaissance or early modern era. With good armor, a two handed claymore would work just fine, no need for a shield when you are wearing it on your body.
That’s a good point about the shield/armor. I think as a captain I’ll give her armor but probably not before that.
An axe is interesting. I’ll have to investigate the lachaber, you’re talking about.

Not as concerned with era for this particular book, as the setting is another world. Gives me a little more freedom since I don’t have to adhere strictly to historical data.

James Wilson

Dreamer
Edward I Longshanks started trying to outlaw all sport except the longbow, and English longbows were the key to the English victories at Crecy and Poitiers in 1346 and 1356. Edward III was Longshanks grandson so the edicts were effective enough to give the English a lot of expert longbow-benders in a couple of generations. Agincourt was in 1415 and same story. Welsh longbows became English centuries before the Renaissance.