1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Weaver - an intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Weaver, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Weaver

Weaver Sage

Hi. My name is Weaver. Well, Thomas Weaver, actually. Well, Weaver is my middle name, but at some point I decided to use it in place of my legal surname when I'm writing...

I write fantasy, obviously; otherwise I'd not be here. I also write science ficiton, and I hope no one holds that against me. (Fear not, I have no plans to post the sci-fi stuff on this site.) I'm tempted to quote from an essay by one of my favorite authors in which he explained why there cannot truly be a clear division between fantasy and sci-fi, but I'll save that for later, should it become relevant.

I have a "day job" as a freelance proofreader and editor. I seem to just have a knack for it. Fortunately, I like correcting bad punctuation and telling an author that a dagger that has just been used to stab through armor is no good for shaving.

2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Welcome to Mythic Scribes! Great to have you here!

3. Ghost

Ghost Inkling

Yay, New Mexico!

I mostly write horror, and no one has kicked me out yet. We should be safe.

Welcome to the forum, Weaver :)

4. Guru Coyote

Guru Coyote Archmage

Welcome Weaver! I think that is a perfect name for an author, even better if it is part of your real name.

I too write SF but am not planning to post that here. I found that most of the things I turn to this forum for are not genre specific. Plot is plot, character is character and good storytelling is good storytelling. Some of the SF stories I am working on could in their core be told as fantasy just as well.

5. Weaver

Weaver Sage

Thanks for the welcomes, all of you.

Yes, it's my real name. I am almost certain Reaver was joking when he complained about it in the chat room yesterday... :) I've been tempted at times to use the name of one of my novel characters as a screen name, but that would probably confuse everyone. I have enough trouble as it is, whenever I write in first person, getting readers to understand that the "I" telling the story isn't me.

(*embarrassed to find a typo in my original post*)

6. Agran Velion

Agran Velion Minstrel

Welcome to site Weaver!

-Your delayed welcomist.