• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Tom

Istar
Well, I just bought Dragon Age: Inquisition and I can't wait to play it. :)

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was broke and console-less when it came out. I put it on my list and told myself I'd get it eventually, and my waiting has paid off! Of course, I should probably hold off playing it until I've completed all of my finals projects...

Velka

Sage
Omg omg omg Inquisition! Just play it and consequences be damned because so much awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
Haha, well, it didn't take long for my resolve to falter. I now have an elven Inquisitor named Farian (for the MC of my story for the Cliches Challenge here on MS), an archer for whom I find myself selecting the snarkiest possible dialogue.

By the way, I've heard about how epic Cassandra and her noises of disgust are. She did not disappoint.

Velka

Sage
cass.png

I want Cass to be real and be my best friend.

Reactions: Tom

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Fallout 4. Man, there's so much to do. Been with the franchise since the first game and man, I think this may be the best one yet. The gun and armor modding, the building of communities, not to mention respawning enemies and loot, as well as the exploration aspect, it's all so awesome. That's not even including the actual story line quests.

I've been playing since the release date and I've barely scratched the main story line quest.

For those on PC who are playing the previous version or even the current version and encounter bugs, there are console commands that may help you bypass the roadblocks. For example, in FO:NV, one of my companion quests wouldn't trigger even when I met all the prerequisites. I just activated the console commands, typed in the appropriate command to trigger the quest.

themomodbot

Acolyte
Playing Dragon Age Origins now. Already 40++ hours, and still in Landsmeet.
What I like about DAO is the world. The world is huge, beautiful and brilliant. The gameplay is nice too, complex and need some strategies.

Ojara

Dreamer
Well, I just bought Dragon Age: Inquisition and I can't wait to play it. :)

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was broke and console-less when it came out. I put it on my list and told myself I'd get it eventually, and my waiting has paid off! Of course, I should probably hold off playing it until I've completed all of my finals projects...

Hey, we're in the same boat, bought it, without really getting to play yet. Also, been playing Guild Wars 2 lately, great game, hope to get Heart of Thorns expansion soon!

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Reinstalled SWTOR the other day. Lightsabers are fun.

The MMO? I played it at release, rolled a light-sided sith marauder. Marauder was arguably the worst class at release. At least for pvp's sake.

Story was pretty good, but the itemization bugged me. Replacing epics and legendaries in 3-4 levels was a bit tiresome, but you had to or else the mobs would wreck you.

Velka

Sage
Yeah, it's FTP now, so I figured why not check it out again. I played at release, not the best MMO I've played, but the world and story is a nice break from fantasy-based MMOs.

still playing fallout 4 but I've decided to put the controller down for a couple of days to write, and instead of putting it down I ended up picking it up again- but this time it was to try a game called elite:dangerous.

I have crashed a ship into the sun, accidentally hit the self destruct button. Got killed by pirates- got revenge on said pirates. turned in some bounty's. I am now raining in many credits but I have no clue what I should upgrade my ship with. I started a pilgrimage to earth as I was placed in a solar system pretty far away from it when I began the game.

But gosh, man I love the sound effects in this game. They totally the sell the being in a space ship with star's wizing by. Then going into frame shift (warp, hyperspeed what ever you want to call it) has such creepy moody undertones, its like you are ripping a hole in the universe. I love it so.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Apart from playing Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare almost every night?

Well, I am still trying to fight my way through the incredibly empty and boring world of Assassin's Creed Rogue. It's a very void and weak game, not at all like the exciting adventure that I had imagined it would be. You just have to move from one little adventure to another, sail there, talk to that person...

AC Rogue is an interactive movie, not really a game.

At the moment I am doing... Something, can't really remember what because it all feels the same. Shay Cormac just saved some dude and his soldiers from some other dudes. I sailed somewhere else and there I must complete yet another meaningless task, before I am sent to sail somewhere else and talk to who knows else.

I know there is a story taking place behind everything, but really I have no clue what the hell is happening at all.

Also I am still fighting at the horrible Dollhouse world in Alice Madness Returns. After escaping from the underground/cellars part I found myself back at the surface, and now I am stuck in battle against a Colossal Ruin and I have only four roses of health because of the previous Challenge Room and the bloody thing keeps killing me.

I would easily destroy it if my Alice had full health, but no! I am stuck with low health no matter what I do, and now the only solution is to go back and play all of freaking Dollhouse all over again.

Am I a terrible gamer or what?

MineOwnKing

Maester
I found Bioshock 2 in my sock drawer last night.

It's been a few years since I played it. The feeble weapons are annoying in the beginning.

This is the one game that I like to roam around and take my time with. I think the undersea city of Rapture is really cool, and the little sisters are scary but imaginative.

The game definitely provides food for thought on how to make an interesting concept come to life.

Definitely not letting the kids anywhere near this one.

Back in the sock drawer you go.

MineOwnKing

Maester
WARNING.

Halo 5 game spoilers!

Started Halo 5 and the kids are messing around with Ori.

Halo 5 has some cool stuff so far. Great graphics, major upgrades to grenades. Plus the Forerunner soldiers talk, adding depth to game play. Unfortunately they have brought back some of the features from the older Halo games that bug me.

I'm not sure why either, Halo 4 had firmly stuffed all those mistakes in the past. Multiple soldiers tagging along and constantly talking in their helmets. It's really hard to hear them and Master Chief is equally hard to understand.

I think the voice/sound issues were also part of Halo 3 if I remember right.

I'm really disappointed that they brought back something that didn't work. I don't like it when allies tag along. They get in the way. Someone in power must have been involved in Halo 3 and is trying to bring back the things that they liked.

There are a few other very minor details that I recognize from Halo 3 and possibly Halo 2.

Also there are too many scenes that are just like mini movies. They look really cool but distract enough from game play to become annoying.

I have a long way to go and the story is interesting, just not sure why they would take a step back instead of a step forward in game design.

The ORI game, came with the new XBOX One, along with Gears of War. I'm not a big fan of Gears of War, but I might tinker with it. I find the character really hard to maneuver and he just feels stooped and lumbering.

The kids love Ori. It's fun.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Made some progress with Halo 5.

Now I'm starting to see more elements of Halo 4, but the mission objectives are scatter brained.

Once again I'm reminded of Halo 3 with confusing info-dumps voiced by helmeted AI's.

Being frozen by attacks is more than frustrating. It creates gamer fatigue and makes me want to turn the game off.

It brings me back to when I played war in the hay mow with my cousins as a kid. I get shot so I have to count to 10 before I can play again. Boring.

The Forerunner spaceships are amazing and fun to pilot.

I don't like switching between Master Chief and Locke. Locke is inexpressive and robotic. There is no reason to like him or to want to be him to kill my favorite character.

Cortana's return is too easily explained, especially since I played the entire Halo 4 in witness to her progressive rampancy and death. I had to mourn her, now she's plopped back into the story like a prop? Where's the love?

I get the feeling this game was intended for online play sharing. Something I've never done and cannot do because of slow internet.

I hope the end is better.

Please, please, please come out with Half-Life 3 and end my misery.

MineOwnKing

Maester
Now I'm deep into Halo 5.

The annoyances are still there but I'm used to them. The game play improves and there is some fun stuff to do in cool looking places.

The story is starting to make more sense.

There isn't the time to catch my breath like I have in Half-Life. With Gordon Freeman I can fight, solve a puzzle, get clued in to amazing sciency stuff, I have interesting conversations with Alex, then fight zombies, aliens, save the world, etc etc.

Now the little woman has surprised me by bringing home Fallout 4.

Do I finish Halo 5 or go right into Fallout 4?

Hmm,

Apply more beer......

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I have been playing Victoria 2 the last few days. I started as piemonte in nothwestern Italy and later created Italy. My country ranked 10th overall in the end. I conquered a large part of Greece, which became colonized with Italians. Furthermore I conquered (and later released) the colonies of Hedjaz, Yemen and Egypt. Oh and Eritrea, but that is so small and so Italianized that i don't consider it a colony. My allies were France, Belgium and communist Scandinavia. A weird thing that happened was that Turkey, Soviet Union, Spain, Portugal and Scandinavia are now communist.

I'd upload a picture, but the site does not allow BMP files.