• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Gurkhal

Auror
Some news from Europa Barbarorum 2.

I'm playing with "Koinon Hellenon" and I have finished off Makedonia along with bringing Crete into the fold. Only the Aitolians remain as a Greek proper city outside of my faction, and I'm afraid they managed to repulse my first attempt at capturing that region. So I'll just have to gear up for a new attempt.

Otherwise I've entered into an alliance with Epiros to shield my western flank and hopefully act as a shield to prevent Roman expansion across the Adriatic while I finish things in Greece and then settle some business in the Aegean.

Gurkhal

Auror
Progress!

I managed to kill Ornstein although at the same time I got Smough's hammer in the face and so I died at the same time. But still I, I'm getting closer and better at dodging those two guys.

Gurkhal

Auror
I'm getting hang of Ornstein now, been killing him two times in a row now, and I'm starting to develop a tactics against Big Smough after Ornstein is down.

Victory will be mine!

Gurkhal

Auror
And now victory is, finally, mine with both Ornestein and Smough defeated with two express tickets to hell delivered. And I've secured the Lordvessel.

As so often when finishing a boss in Dark Souls, I feel like I'm the king of the world. :D

Now I'm thinking of going back to the Firelink Shrine and speak with the serpent and then fix three things that's been on my mind. 1. Hunt down the Large Ember to upgrade my RAW sword to +10, 2. Hunt down souls to upgrade my Estus and 3. Kill that red dragon that's sitting at the end of a bridge close to the Undead Church.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Now I'm thinking of going back to the Firelink Shrine and speak with the serpent and then fix three things that's been on my mind. 1. Hunt down the Large Ember to upgrade my RAW sword to +10, 2. Hunt down souls to upgrade my Estus and 3. Kill that red dragon that's sitting at the end of a bridge close to the Undead Church.

What a world? Imagine living where you could be like, "Honey, I'm going out to kill that dragon near the undead church."

If only it as real life ;)

Nighty_Knight

Troubadour
What a world? Imagine living where you could be like, "Honey, I'm going out to kill that dragon near the undead church."

If only it as real life ;)
Yep. After that he has to go to the dark spooky forest to kill the giant wolf who carries a massive greatsword in his mouth.

Gurkhal

Auror
More Dark Souls.

Through some exploration I've found my way into the Valley of Drakes and found both a bunch of small drakes and a big undead dragon chilling out here. I've yet to decide if I should try to take these guys out and look for any treasure they might be guarding or return at a later time after I've done the 3 steps plan I outlined above.

Gurkhal

Auror
I've got two Fire Keeper Souls to upgrade my Estus and I think I'll be fine with that. I could seek out a final one to be found in the Duke's Archive, according to my research, and then there's the Very Large Ember for upgrading weapons in the New Anor Londo ruins. But I think that I won't bother with the last two until I go there to fight the bosses of those areas. And I'm a bit to soft to kill living Fire Keepers in order to get their souls to upgrade my Estus.

Thus, the plan for Dark Souls is to go on a dragon killing spree. First up is the red dragon at the Undead Church, then the undead dragon in the Valley of Drakes and finally I'm going after Seath the Scaleless. Once these three things are done I'll have to take a step back and plan for the next phase, but that's the plan so far. Thus a trio of dragons to take down.

Gurkhal

Auror
OK, situation is as follows. I've killed two of the dragons: the red dragon and the undead dragon, and I'm made into the Duke's Archive in search of Seath the Scaleless.

So right now I've broken free from my cell after a first encounter with Seath and I'm working on getting out from the library/archive. Its a tough going with only 5 loads from my Estus and as such I've decided to take a little break, don't know if it will be a one or a few days to longer but we'll see, from Dark Souls before I return again to continue.

Nighty_Knight

Troubadour
OK, situation is as follows. I've killed two of the dragons: the red dragon and the undead dragon, and I'm made into the Duke's Archive in search of Seath the Scaleless.

So right now I've broken free from my cell after a first encounter with Seath and I'm working on getting out from the library/archive. Its a tough going with only 5 loads from my Estus and as such I've decided to take a little break, don't know if it will be a one or a few days to longer but we'll see, from Dark Souls before I return again to continue.
Seeths a tough fight. Don’t feel obligated to face him now. I mean, go for it if you want, but there are plenty of other areas you still have to fight through if you do end up stuck. (That’s the good thing about this point in the game, unlike Smough and Ornstien where that was the destination you had to go to next)

Last edited:

Gurkhal

Auror
I've made it to Seath for the boss fight and while I didn't get around to break his immortality, which gave me a temporary shock on the first try, he didn't feel like it was suicide to fight him.

The curse effect is an annoying part as I'll have to grind for souls and then hoard purging stones for a while now, but that's something I can do even if it takes a bit of time.

And I've already got like seven resins for getting ligthning damage on my weapon when fighting him the next time.

Gurkhal

Auror
And now I've slain Seath the Scaleless and taken his soul for the Lordvessel.

I will admit that I'm a bit in shock that I bested him on my first real try. I just kept moving in an arc as he turned and so I got hit once by his tail but otherwise could stay out from his attacks and kill him by attacking his "limbs".

That went a lot smoother than I had anticipated.

Gurkhal

Auror
Some more progress in Dark Souls as I've faced and defeated the "Demon Firesage" boss. Once again I did it on my first try so I wonder if I'm getting lucky or if I've finally "git gud".

Gurkhal

Auror
Shame you can't edit the post, then I wouldn't have to double post.

But anyway, I've vanquished the "Centipade Demon" and made it to "Lost Izalith" now. Now I've just got to find that witch and what I think will be a much harder fight.

Nighty_Knight

Troubadour
Yeah, Firesage demon was cake for me too. Centipede demon was a little bit harder. Boss in Izalith is an odd one. Not hard, but you will probably die a few times sorting it out.