• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Gurkhal

Auror
You were right that the next boss, the Bed of Chaos, was an odd one but not very hard. What I found most odd was how forgiving it was. I mean I could fix one of the three stuff to do, die, and move to the next one in my next try. I was wondering if the devs got soft with that one because it didn't really feel as a Dark Souls boss.

But anyway, with the Bed of Chaos done and so also the Witch of Izalith, I'm ready for Gravelord Nito. Plan is to get a divine weapon to help with the undead, yes I've been reading ahead, and then head into the Catacombs in search of this boss.

Gurkhal

Auror
Taking a break from Dark Souls. I haven gotten stuck but I'd like to play it in a certain way that will mean that I'll have to hold off for a time. But I have gotten my hands on Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 so more Dark Souls is in the future. :D

I've been looking at this as well. Would you mind to share your thoughts on this game?

I've quite enjoyed it so far and put a great many hours in it so far. It is a bit more RPG style focused then totally all 4x, what with the hero units and your leaders. It also lends itself to a great variety of replay options and I tend to get wrapped up in creating societies and their rulers. Some patently absurd.

1530-11bdc85a3e5f0d6f9b10a1fa14eb2609.jpg

Such as my culture of enormous knightly orcs that ride swiftly into battle on little ponies. If you want halfling barbarians, no problem. You want to play old school dark elves and orcs, games cool with it. I also got the season pass for the things to come, like ruling as a straight up dragon. And a lizard folk template. As for AI and battling, it's not always the smartest and sometimes straight up devious, as 4x tends to be. I am also not great at 4x to start with, but I've been muddling through. And the UI is fairly pruned down compared to some of these sorts of games.

Gurkhal

Auror
I've quite enjoyed it so far and put a great many hours in it so far. It is a bit more RPG style focused then totally all 4x, what with the hero units and your leaders. It also lends itself to a great variety of replay options and I tend to get wrapped up in creating societies and their rulers. Some patently absurd.

1530-11bdc85a3e5f0d6f9b10a1fa14eb2609.jpg

Such as my culture of enormous knightly orcs that ride swiftly into battle on little ponies. If you want halfling barbarians, no problem. You want to play old school dark elves and orcs, games cool with it. I also got the season pass for the things to come, like ruling as a straight up dragon. And a lizard folk template. As for AI and battling, it's not always the smartest and sometimes straight up devious, as 4x tends to be. I am also not great at 4x to start with, but I've been muddling through. And the UI is fairly pruned down compared to some of these sorts of games.

Sounds pretty cool. I've been looking, and advocating, for a fantasy games with this kind of customization and it looks great that it has arrived. :D

Gurkhal

Auror
I've got my hands on AoW4 now and its pretty fun with all the customization possible. I would appreciate some more mundane options and not be so reliant on magic but that's just my personal taste.

I'm an absolute veteran of AoW, having played AoW2 even before Shadow Magic came out. I even played Planetfall for a long time.

I used to play Battle for Wesnoth a lot.

I am playing Elden Ring, just discovered the snow fields.

I am a League of Legends veteran, if that counts.

Similar to the What Are You Reading Now? thread, this is a thread just to post and talk about what you're playing at the moment. (Not sure if this thread already exists. If it does, I can merge it later). Can be computer games, console, handheld, tabletop, card, whatever.

For me, I'm currently playing multiple things. I finally got a PS3 so I'm trying it out at the moment.

1. Dragon's Crown: I got the Japanese version, so I have some trouble figuring out some things, but my wife has been playing it with me some, so that helps. So far I really like it. It's like a more in-depth, beat 'em up.

2. Final Fantasy V: One of the few FF games I've never beaten (including 3 and 8), I downloaded it a while back for my PSP, so I'm trying it out again on my PS3.

3. Trapt: One of the PS2 sequels to one of my favorite series ever, Deception, this game is all about trapping people and slinging them all over the place. As soon as I saw it on PSN I was like, "I have to get this."
ToTK and Fortnite.

nuh-the-deva

Dreamer
TOTK mostly. Most of my friends are posting about how they've finished it but I like taking my time. It will probably be a very long time before I complete it.

Muun

Acolyte
I am playing Sea of Thieves with my bf
i just finished Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and I am still blowned away from the quality level of this game

Logomancer

Scribe
I occasionally play a text-based browser game called Fallen London. It's free and it has excellent writing and worldbuilding. I heartily recommend it!

Gurkhal

Auror
I'm back to Dark Souls and I just finished Pinwheel on the first attempt.

I must say that this game isn't to hard when you get the hang of it. I was rather suprised with how well I handled this boss after a pretty long pause from the game.