• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What if you had a Clone?

Jess A

Archmage
Brainstorming would be fun... are you seriously willing to try almost anything? Including brussel sprouts? You got nerve, Little Storm Cloud.
Seriously.

I said almost anything. ;)

But I have tried brussel sprouts. Just recently, in fact. We never liked them as children. I clearly still don't.

Last edited:
The only problem with this is that while you may start out the same in short order you would become 'two' different people.
The reasons for this being, we each have a wide range of events that happen daily and we react to these events depending on a wide range of things that would take a book alone to detail out. Unless you were in exactly the same place in excatly the same mood with the same exact thoughts, hormon levels, stressors, eating the same exact diet etc at the exact same time as your other self it would be impossiable to stay the same for long. Not to mention people are complex one day someone smiles and says hello and we respond back, the next day if the person repetes the greeting we may not, this may or may not annoy the greeter for a number of reasons.
I would think it would be like like having a really annoying twin, nothing more.

Last edited:
The only problem with this is that while you may start out the same in short order you would become 'two' different people.
The reasons for this being, we each have a wide range of events that happen daily and we react to these events depending on a wide range of things that would take a book alone to detail out. Unless you were in exactly the same place in excatly the same mood with the same exact thoughts, hormon levels, stressors, eating the same exact diet etc at the exact same time as your other self it would be impossiable to stay the same for long. Not to mention people are complex one day someone smiles and says hello and we respond back, the next day if the person repetes the greeting we may not, this may or may not annoy the greeter for a number of reasons.
I would think it would be like like having a really annoying twin, nothing more.

Hey everybody, look at Mr. Science McTechnical over here! Nah but those are good points

Kevlar

Troubadour
Actually I was going to bring up the same points as Blue Lotus until I read her comment.

Personally I think I'd use my clone to train myself, having the same interests and everything. Fighting, fitness, writing anything. Plus I could finish building the shelter for my forge without waiting for my father to get off work.