• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where to get feed back?

BigBadBull

If all of your friends and family a) don't read at all, b) don't read/ care for the fantasy genre, or c) think "Twilight" is the epitome of the written word...Are there any good sources out there for feedback?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'd say right here is a good place to start. :) I've only been here for a few days and already I've gotten loads of useful feedback on my writing. The people here are awesome.

Telcontar

Staff
Local libraries occasionally have writer's groups. Also, I am a member of an online 'tit-for-tat' style group called Critters. You critique a story each week (out of a pool of prospective stories) and that gives you the right to send in your own work to be critiqued.

There are other online-groups, as well, if you find that Critters does not strike your fancy. And of course the Showcase right here, and forming working relationships with other hopeful writers.

Queshire

Istar
yeah, after posting 5 posts you get acess to the showcase to show off your work, writing questions and world building is more for help developing. Other then that I suggest.... Hm.... well you can always try to post it online somewhere, it might not immediately get reveiws, but it could still be useful I guess.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Search meetup.com for writing groups in your area. If there are any, that's a fantastic resource. I read about twenty books on writing over the past several years, but having a group of people tear my writing to shreds helped me better and faster than I would have thought possible.

Mythos

Troubadour
You can also use Twitter. I've met a lot of cool writers by combining it with the NaNoWriMo forums. By that I mean, I follow people from the forums.