• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

blog World Anvil - a Love Story

Black Dragon submitted a new blog post:

World Anvil - a Love Story
This article is by Janet Forbes.

world-anvil.jpg

World Anvil came on the scene just 2 years ago, and sky-rocketed to success. They now boast the most complete suite of worldbuilding features out there with over half a million users onboard, including famous authors like Brian McClellan and Chris Fox, along with several publishing houses and universities.

But where did World Anvil come from? Janet Forbes (a.k.a. J.D. Blythe), World Anvil’s director and co-founder, explains.

At its essence, World Anvil’s story is really a love story. It’s a story about a husband helping his wife succeed. About two geeks who love worldbuilding. And how over half a million people got together to create a community around a worldbuilding platform that changed some lives.

I’ve always loved writing, but I can’t even count how many writing projects I’d left half-finished before I figured out the problem: worldbuilding. I write epic fantasy. I love to create big, sprawling worlds, but I’d lose track of those worlds before I’d finished the first draft of a novel. The devil’s in the details, and when those details are scrawled across a napkin scrunched up in the bottom of your handbag? It suffices to say, I wasn’t making much progress.

I chatted about this with my husband (expert coder, pro-designer, and my biggest fan), Dimitris, and he said, “Let me make you something that will help...”

And World Anvil was...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.