• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Worldsmyths- a haven for fantasy writers

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
The forum is fixed again, thankfully. Russ, you shouldn't have any more issues- while uninstalling the mod gave me that error and temporarily disallowed access to the forum, the good thing is that I reinstalled the mod for the newsletters and it reset the amount of people who were subscribed to it to 0, so you should NOT receive any more e-mails. I can't imagine that you would still get them, but if you do, just block the email address or mark it as spam or something.

Thomas, I went to install Tapatalk and it gave me an error, so I'm going to try and get my co-admin to look at it for me and install it.

The forum is fixed again, thankfully. Russ, you shouldn't have any more issues- while uninstalling the mod gave me that error and temporarily disallowed access to the forum, the good thing is that I reinstalled the mod for the newsletters and it reset the amount of people who were subscribed to it to 0, so you should NOT receive any more e-mails. I can't imagine that you would still get them, but if you do, just block the email address or mark it as spam or something.

Thomas, I went to install Tapatalk and it gave me an error, so I'm going to try and get my co-admin to look at it for me and install it.

Sweet! I'll be getting on my dads laptop this afternoon so I should be on a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NaNoWriMo WIP!

Russ

Istar

Appreciate your kind efforts.

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Bump/update:

We have someone who's currently working on building us a brand new custom library for Worldsmyths, one that will be way more up-to-date and will only require the one login between the library and the forum. :D As part of the whole process, we've switched to a new website host, which means we've also done some rearranging of the links. The forum link can now be found at Worldsmyths - Portal.

Hopefully I'll be able to come back soon with an update regarding the new library being ready, but in the meantime I hope everyone will check it out/update their bookmark if needed and check out/join in on the site!

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Bump! We're getting closer to having our brand new library site, the Librarium, ready for members to use. The old library has temporarily been replaced with a members only part of the forum until the Librarium is ready for submissions.

signature1_zpspayyrdnb.jpg

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.”
― Dr. Seuss

Wordsmyths
is a non-role playing community of fantasy writers and readers who enjoy looking through the wrong end of a telescope, filled with writers of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We discuss everything from writer's block to cliches, to magic systems and technology as well as other things such as helpful resources and more. Our library is members only and serves as a great way to read the writing that's been posted and give chapter-by-chapter reviews. We also have writing challenges every two weeks and a trove of writing prompts.

Turn your telescope on to Worldsmyths and join us today!

Features:
*Writing discussion and resources
*Writing prompts and challenges
*Beta reading
*Games
*Members only library with opportunity for feedback
*Friendly staff and members
and much more!

Worldsmyths || Twitter || Facebook || Pinterest

Last edited:

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Bump! Worldsmyths is still pretty active. Something we've been doing lately (for the last two months or so) is questions of the day, where we pose a question related to writing or reading fantasy and encourage our members - and guests - to respond to them. Feel free to stop by and check the forum out (and join, of course, if you're interested in doing so)!

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
challengead2.jpg

Calling all writers to participate in the first annual Worldsmyths Million Writing Challenge! Help Worldsmyths write 1 million words in six months. Set your own six month writing goal and join the fun. Keep motivated with word wars, discussion, excerpt posts, and more.

Date:
March 1st - August 31st, 2018
Rules/FAQs: Here
Questions: [email protected] or send a PM to Jedi Knight Muse on the forum
Register at Worldsmyths to join the fun!

Worldsmyths - a haven for fantasy writers

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Update:

As of July 24th, we hit our Worldsmyths million challenge's goal of 1 million collective words! :D We've got some fun things going on right now, so come join in on the fun!

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Update:
Our forum is finally mobile friendly, through Tapatalk!
We are gearing up for NaNoWriMo! We have a (members only) forum dedicated to NaNo to help encourage each other throughout the month. We'll also be holding word wars in our Discord server.

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
UPDATE: We have upgraded our forum software!

We are a community for fantasy writers at all stages in their writing journey. Our community centers primarily around the forums for discussion of the fantasy writing we all enjoy, our Library for members to share their fiction, member-generated writing resources, and our Discord server for faster paced discussion of writing (and of life in general). If you enjoy writing fantasy, please consider making us an online home! Welcome - Worldsmyths

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Bump! We're holding our second annual six month writing challenge! It starts on March 1st and goes to August 31st, but the sign ups for the month of March have officially started. You can find more information here, including FAQs, rules, and more. We're also have two sponsors this year, including WorldAnvil!

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Bump! Our six month writing challenge is still going, and the sign ups for May are starting this coming Saturday, April 20th!

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
White text on a black background hurts my eyes—so sadly, it's not for me.
Hm. Would you mind maybe sending me a PM and elaborating further (i.e. sending me screenshots) on what, specifically you're talking about that's hurting your eyes? There might be something that we can do to make that better, but I need more details to know exactly what it is that's hurting your eyes so that I know what to potentially change. :)

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
White text on a black background hurts my eyes—so sadly, it's not for me.
Okay, so I did some digging - assuming it's just the overall text color/background of the site that's giving you an issue, if you scroll waaaaay down to the bottom, on the left hand side, there's an option for changing it to a different theme, with a white background. I've attached some screenshots. Is this any better?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.55.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.55.44 AM.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.55.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.55.50 AM.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.56.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.56.00 AM.png
    804.2 KB · Views: 1

JediKnightMuse

Troubadour
Thanks. I never imagined you'd have something like that. It's much better.
Yeah, it's not something that's super obvious unless you reaaally look. Even I didn't know it was there until I happened to notice when I was trying to figure out an option for you to be able to view the site. I'm glad it's a better option for you, though! :) Let me know if you have any questions about the site.