• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

writing help

Harbinger

Troubadour
i was just looking for someone to go over a piece i had wrote and give some feedback on it. i was hoping to enter it at a contest coming up at my school. i havent been writing for long and really i just wanted to know if i was going in the right direction or what could be stronger. any help would be appreciated thank you.

Email me. Take my username here and stick @gmail.com on the end and that's me. I can be nice or savage, just let me know which you want.

Harbinger

Troubadour
ok I'll send it right now. hmm well I am a glutton for punishment ha so I dont mind some savageness. Good comments are nice too but I think I learn more from knowing whats weak and what needs work.

Ya know, I was able to get to it and read about half of it, and other than sone grammar, rare incorrect word usage and a few formatting issues I have not seen anything to be savagely critical of. I was pleasantly surprised. You have a very good story on the go here.

I would give "dialogue beats" a Google, that technique will help with some of your dialogue, a tough technique to master but will improve already good dialogue.

Harbinger

Troubadour
Wow thank u ha i had been bracing all afternoon. I will give the beats a search Im always tryin to find a way to better dialogue.