• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anthology of stories that inspired Lovecraft

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Hey guys...just thought I'd mention an anthology I put together recently. It contains 12 stories by authors who inspired Lovecraft - Algernon Blackwood, Arthur Machen, M.R. James, and Robert W. Chambers. The stories written by these authors are public domain materials, but they're scattered around a bit and when I was reading them I came across a lot of formatting errors and other problems in my e-Reader. So I thought why not pick my favorites and put them into an anthology, with editing problems fixed, the layout made to look right for e-Readers, and so on.

And so here it is: Amazon.com: Before the Mythos: Stories That Inspired H.P. Lovecraft eBook: Algernon Blackwood, M.R. James, Arthur Machen, Robert Chambers, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert MacAnthony: Kindle Store

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
That's a really cool idea. The amazon page says it's not available for purchase. Is that just a temporary thing or is it something to do with my location?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
That's a good question Svrtnsse. I'll check into the geographical distribution. It should be available in Ireland, but maybe it is just taking longer to go live there. The book went live in the U.S. just this morning.

It is also unavailable for me, in mainland UK. I can't find it by checking the .co.uk side of Amazon. Could be a backlog, or something.

Great idea, though.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thanks, guys. I'll check into UK distribution this evening. It may be a server backlog, as suggested. Takes a while for these things to update in markets other than U.S. sometimes.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
We're all a bit behind the times over here. HP hasn't written his stories yet so that's why they're not showing your book. :p

EDIT:
Good luck with it. This is something I'd actually be interested in getting.

Last edited: