• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone

Gav

Scribe
Hey everyone, im never quite sure as to what exactly im meant to put into these type of things, but i guess a short summary would be that I'm Gav (or Gavin) From Scotland in the UK. i have always enjoyed writing fictional fantasy style short stories, stemming back as far as i can remember. however since leaving high school about 8 years ago i have found it difficult to actually find time to do anything properly with it due to jobs, relationships and other such trivial things that seemed far more important at the time than they posibly were.

i have decided a few months ago that this was all going to change, and im going to get back into doing something that i always loved, and started writing alot of short extracts based around some ideas that have been building up in my head over the years. With not havign to write anything in a long time though, and being in the unlucky position where most of my friends and collegues arent particularly keen on reading i dont have many people where i can turn for advice, insperation or any other kind of disscussion about this. this is when i happened to find your site and thought that it looked like somewhere with a community that is exactly what i would be looking for.

hence, here i am!

i do appologise for the long-winded rambling... i have a tendancy to do so. if i havent bored you all to death by now, i wish to say thank you for reading, and i look forward to joining you all in this community :p

Hi Gav, welcome to the Scribes, hows your end of the island (I'm Welsh myself). A big well done on making the decision to get writing back into your life, and I think you will find a lot of the support to keep you going right here. Choose to participate here and you will find the advice and inspiration that you're looking for. Because we are all here for the same reason.

JCFarnham

Auror
I'm more or less in the same situation as you Gav regarding feedback. I know a lot people who like to read suuure but they're no where near as into the written word as me and I suppose while they would be happy to try give the critique I'd like they'd hardly be unbiased.

This is why I love writing communities. Even though only one or two people would be impartial first readers for me IRL, Mythic Scribes offers the support I'm unable to get else where.

Anyway enough rambling.

Welcome to MS, may your stay be long and fruitful!

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium! Good to see another Brit. It's often difficult to get back into something like writing after a long time of not doing it, but hopefully we can help! As for the feedback issue, it's often difficult to find good feedback from friends, who don't want to insult you and would support you even if it wasn't great. I always find I get better reviews and better feedback from people I've never met online than I ever do from real life friends - even those who write fantasy too. So you have certainly come to the right place.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, Gav. You're in good company here. And you needn't worry about your rants being long-winded; I'd gauge your wind to be just about correct.

'ello Gav'ner!

But that you could stay, forever...
alas.

As transience is the nature of our ether,
may your echo resound here
til its waves are transmuted
and the next life begins
May your time at Mythic Scribes
be time well spent.

Gav

Scribe
thank you for the warm welcome everyone, it doth warm the very cockles of my heart!

but i do look forward to easing myself back into this pass time, joinging in best i can and of course, to being a part of your fine, and most eloquent of communities :)

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Gav! I look forward to seeing your contributions to this awesome site!

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Don't worry about boring us to death. It doesn't seem to slow anyone here down. Just ask Phoenix.

Welcome to the scribes.