• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Probably Poorly Written and Ridiculous DnD One-Shot

summondice

Scribe
I seek the guidance, wisdom, brilliance, absurdity, sense of fun, and creativity in help creating my husband's Christmas gift.

We've been receiving rpgcrate since it started and love it, but technically it is "mine" because I'm the dungeon master in our group, by and large, but I got the idea about a month ago to create one for him for Christmas. Each box comes with certain things, all revolving around a theme: a one-shot game that fits into a larger arc as well, a t-shirt, a miniature, a recipe, couple of other random things.

Me kids and I created a "miniature" each out of sculpey, and I'm now at "one-shot" and this is where I desperately need you: I need a story to tell. I don't care how silly it is, or how absurd... This is, after all, Dungeons and Dragons.

The "miniatures" are of a male dwarf with an axe, a male elf, and what I've decided is probably something akin to a gelatinous cube.

These fined need to be the only characters. I need a three part story. And I have a dying uncle and plane trips to see him that has kept me from giving this proper attention - please forgive me, and help me brainstorm? :)

Thank you in advance for absolutely anything!

The Cube and it's two pets are off to rescue one of the Cube's friends (some variety of dungeon monster) from the evil forces of the Decepticons. No, not them, but some group as equally insane and weird as the G1 ones. What proceeds is a tavern brawl and a trip to the under dark and ends at a tower where a typical damsel would need to be saved from. There may or may not be a catapult for the dwarf to be thrown out of.

I'm presently of the opinion that all stories should include at least some of the following elements: car chases, flying machines, sarcasm, embarrassing secrets, dragons, terrifying abominations, and long-suffering therapists, but i've never played D&D. (The struggles of living in the Bible Belt.)

There are never any therapists in stories, no matter how traumatized and messed up the MC's are. They are obviously needed, though.

summondice

Scribe
The Cube and it's two pets are off to rescue one of the Cube's friends (some variety of dungeon monster) from the evil forces of the Decepticons. No, not them, but some group as equally insane and weird as the G1 ones. What proceeds is a tavern brawl and a trip to the under dark and ends at a tower where a typical damsel would need to be saved from. There may or may not be a catapult for the dwarf to be thrown out of.
Oh my goodness, I love it! It has just enough absurdity that even as THE deadline looms, if I get stuck, I just have to continue the absurdity. Thank you!

summondice

Scribe
I'm presently of the opinion that all stories should include at least some of the following elements: car chases, flying machines, sarcasm, embarrassing secrets, dragons, terrifying abominations, and long-suffering therapists, but i've never played D&D. (The struggles of living in the Bible Belt.)

There are never any therapists in stories, no matter how traumatized and messed up the MC's are. They are obviously needed, though.

Between OK's outline and your list for me to brainstorm from in moments of stuckness, I think there is enough to work with! Thank you!

And yes... Never any therapists, and they are so totally needed.