• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tell Me About YOUR Experiences...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
  1. What (if anything) about your life as a writer keeps you up at night?

2. What are you most afraid of when it comes to your writing?

3. Who or what makes you angry when it comes to writing?

4. What are the top 3 frustrations you face when writing something?

5. What do you secretly wish for more than anything else as a writer?

1. Ideas of scenes or characters that have to be written ASAP, forcing me to get out of my comfy bed and write them down.
2. Having to deal with marketing and failing spectacularly at it.
3. Anything and everything can for a split second. I'm a passionate person, but it fades away as soon as it emerges.
4. Not remembering a word, the piercing white of an empty word file and having to open and close my window constantly to balance between fresh air and annoying sounds.
5. A spell to stop time.

EarlTheRed

Dreamer
1. What (if anything) about your life as a writer keeps you up at night?

Nothing really. Sometimes I'll be thinking about one or more of my ideas and maybe even figure something out until I fall asleep, but that doesn't keep me up.

2. What are you most afraid of when it comes to your writing?

That I'm worse at writing than I think I am, and also that I wont be able to write all of my ideas and that some them will forever just be an idea in my head, never to see the light of day.

3. Who or what makes you angry when it comes to writing?

Myself not writing when I should be, myself writing when I shouldn't be.

4. What are the top 3 frustrations you face when writing something?

How I feel like when I write I rush things and end up making something way shorter than I wanted. Paragraphs. I honestly have no idea where one is supposed to start or end, and that is just frustrating. The fact that I have a really small selection of people to show my writing and I have my reasons for not wanting them to see a lot of it, so feedback is rather scarce and I have no idea how good I- or any of the things of I'm writing- really am.

5. What do you secretly wish for more than anything else as a writer?

To have people like my writing and prove that I actually am as good as I say I am, to be able to say that I'm an amazing writer and actually be sure that I believe it. That sounded narcissistic, was it narcissistic? I think it was narcissistic.

AmberliFoxx

Acolyte
1. Are you kidding? Every time I go to sleep, I can't because of all the things running in my head. I usually just dream up scenarios tho, and when I wake up, I don't realize it, and keep on dreaming the scenarios. What happens is that I feel like I didn't get any sleep, sooooo, yea that sucks ^-^

2. I think I'd be most afraid that it wouldn't take off. I go on the internet and see so many people bonding over books like Percy Jackson, and having fun with it, but I think that it might just end up like the Kane Chronicles.

3. MY OWN FREAKING SELFFFF!!!! I swear, everything that I do wrong is just adding up! And, tbh, there isn't really anyone else to get mad at, sooooo...

4. Forgetting words. UGH. I would be thinking for forever to find a higher-law kind of word for look/see, or eating, or jumping, and it hurts my brain :(

5. I wish that I had a book that never ended, it would kind of be like a notebook, but it would have all of the books I love reading, and continuations of them, and all of MY books that I can't write down but I know in my heart. That is basically my dream!!!!!!!