• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Member Whereabouts

Sorry to say I'll be taking a break from the forums a while, I know I haven't been on lately anyway. I'm struggling to keep my head above water at the moment between school, work, basketball, dealing with parents and maintaining a social life. I haven't really been winning the battle. In addition there was a death in my extended family and we're all trying to deal with that. I'm putting writing on hold for a bit, but I'll try to pop into the forums every once in a while. Try not to get too angry if I take a long time to answer a private message or something of the sort. And to members who I'm helping at the moment, I will do my best to finish those projects as soon as possible, sorry for taking so long.

Konjurer

Dreamer
I know that I haven't been a member long at all, but I have to go. I want to thank everyone here who accepted me as a friend and respected my opinions on different threads. This is a wonderful site and I wish you all great success and happiness.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Thanks, Sparkie. I guess I didn't need luck so much as I needed a day off so I could finish this thing. I wrote the paper in one sitting today, including the cover letter.

I'll proofread and tweak a bit for the next couple days, but I'm happy with the direction I went with.

The best part of finishing this is that I promised myself and my wife that I wouldn't work on my book until this was done. So... back to that now!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I'll travel to Santiago de Querétaro tomorrow and there are so many museums and stuff to visit, so maybe you will not hear about me for several days!!

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Hey, everyone.

I apologize for my absence here at Mythic Scribes. I have been quite busy, and my internet has been very wacky lately. I'm hoping it doesn't go out for the millionth time today while I write this.

Anyways, I hope to get back to your all. E-mail me if you need me, it should be on my profile.

-Codey

Kelise

Maester
Illness in the family, probably a death on Friday. Might be lurking on and off, but having trouble being social.

Amanita

Maester
I'm extremely busy with course work at at the moment.
I will manage to check in and maybe chat a bit, but it's not the right time for any time consuming projects such as the cantina, as I've realised last week. ;)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am very sorry to hear about that illness and probable death in your family, Kelise. I send you my best wishes, and I also hope that you will come back to Mythic Scribes soon. Hugs!!

Rikilamaro

Inkling
I'm moving this week. Between packing, hauling and getting internet set up at the new place I'll be gone for a week or so.. maybe longer depending upon ... life. :)

But I'll be thinking of ya'll. Hopefully the place won't burn down while my back is turned!

Ophiucha

Auror
I'm also moving this week, though because of the nature of my move (I'm moving apart from my husband, so I can keep 90% of my stuff in his house), I won't have to spend too much time packing, but I'll be moving to a new city - Bellingham, WA - so I've gotta meet roomies, make that half-hearted attempt to make friends that always fails, do a bit of early job hunting, etc.. I'll probably still be on a bit this week, but no guarantees once Friday hits.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Rikilamaro and Ophiucha: I know very well all the feelings, trouble and uncertainty that you go through when you have to move to a totally different place, leaving everything behind without a clue of what is going to happen next... I wish you both the best in your new homes and new city, good luck!! =)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Ophiucha: I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who is almost divorced I understand some of what you might be feeling. Let me know if you need to talk. I'll send mental hugs in the meantime. :)

Sheila: Darling lady, thanks for the well wishes. I'm making progress on the packing, but the end does seem to be in sight.

Ophiucha

Auror
My husband and I are still okay in terms of our relationship, but there's a lot of outside stress - much of which is why I have to move to begin with - and we hope the time apart will give us time to focus on what we need to do to make things come together. It's hard, but we're basically in immigration hell and it's tearing us apart, in this case literally, because I can't stay in Canada any more and he can't stay in America for more than a few weeks at a time. I guess I'm a bit... resentful that he gets to stay here and I'm stuck going to a new city, though. I may not be the most sociable person, but I have a couple of close friends here other than him here. But I've never even been to Bellingham, and I'm awful at making friends unless I have something in common with the person, but I'm so damn bad at talking to people that I'll rarely learn if we do. I'm kind of going to be alone for a year or longer, and I just hope my hubby and I can come out of that okay, you know?

Ophiucha, it's been months since I logged in here faithfully--not because I've not wanted to, but because I've just had a million distractions and three novels I'm trying to get revised. But I live in Bellingham, WA, and if there's anything I can do for you, let me know. I run a small writers' group in town and know of another that meets at the library, and while I don't know much about what all's hiring at the moment, you can try Logos. They're usually looking for a few people. I used to work there, and it was a decent job. It's mostly populated by Christians, but you don't have to be one to work there.

Depending on what sort of thing you like, Bellingham's honestly a lovable place to live--not tiny, as it's got WWU, but not huge like Seattle, and there are a lot of art and community options around.

PM me if you'd like to get in touch! I hope things settle down for you and your husband, and that immigration works out for you. That process is definitely stress enough all by itself, as I understand it.

Last edited: