• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Reporting for duty.

Helbrecht

Minstrel
Lifelong SF/fantasy geek here, hailing from that mythical, forgotten land of kings, explorers, detectives and tea, England. Extremely interested in fiction, both the writing and reading thereof. Currently freaking about exams, but obviously not enough to deter me from joining the site when I found it. xD

Was introduced to this site via NaNoWriMo, which I've done for the past two years and intend to do for the next two. Also did Script Frenzy this year, collaborating with my girlfriend. To my shame, though, these two 50,000-word manuscripts and one 100-page script have thus far been my only writing projects that lasted longer than a week. Very eager to change that.

I'm here to fish for ideas and inspiration and occasionally cast out a line of my own. I'll be contributing bad jokes, statements of the obvious and occasionally profound dissections. (More of the first two than the third one.)

Eager to acquaint myself with you all. Cheers!

Helbrecht

Minstrel
Oh, hey, the welcoming committee! :D

Mythos said:
All three of your contributions will be welcome! What have your NaNos been about?

That's good to know! My NaNo work mainly leans towards the science fiction side of things - I did a post-apocalyptic adventure/survival story in '09 and a cyberpunk-style thriller in '10. My Screnzy this year was a noir sort of thing focusing on mobsters, PIs and Lovecraftian horror(!). Yeah. It was weird. xD

Probably won't be posting any of these up here, though. They all need finishing/editing and I'm a little woried about their quality.

Dwarven Gold We could use some more bad jokes around here. The worse the better.

Did you hear about the unemployed jester? He's nobody's fool. ;)

Black Dragon said:
Welcome Helbrecht!

It's good to have you among us. What are the exams for?

English, History and Biology, the subjects I'm taking at college. The system for college is a little different here to how it is in a lot of other places, if that sounds confusing.

Very pleased to be here, guys. Thanks!

Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Helbrecht! Were I close enough I'd probably slap you for the jester joke, but that's just me. I have unpleasant memories of someone with bells on his head. Bad times.;)

Welcome to the froums Helbrecht. I believe Dwarven Gold suggested we could use some more BAD jokes. What you did was post an absolutely terrible joke.
"Did you hear about the unemployed jester? He's nobody's fool." - Shocking, just shocking. Haha.

Poppa Weelee

Dreamer
I thought the jester joke was hilarious! And I never smile! Or tell the truth for that matter. Everything I say is a lie. Except that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. ...And that.