• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A wild writer appears

Hello everyone! My name's Benjamin Clayborne, and I'm starting out as a fantasy author. I've been writing casually for a long time (and have had lots of unpublishable practice), but never had the self-discipline to actually complete anything as long as a novel. Sure, I tried the NaNoWriMo thing a couple of times, and in fact the novel I'm working on now started as a NaNo project a few years ago.

But then the demons of self-doubt got me with their little pitchforks, and I thought, ah, this is too hard. I'll stick with web programming.

Well back into the abyss with ye, foul demons of vacillation! This time I mean it. No, really.

The novel's about half done, and I know that writing is the hardest part, but it's not the only part. Community's important, and that's actually harder for me than writing. There's no chance the words will reject me, y'see. :p

Vix

Acolyte
Vix uses "Welcome!"

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

I'm super new here myself, and wanted to say hi! Those self-doubt demons are hardcore ~ Believe me, I know the feeling. Glad to hear you are back on the bandwagon though.

Are you doing the NaNoWriMo this year?

I wasn't planning on it. NNWM was fun to participate in, but I'm going to be spending the entire month of November writing anyway, and I really want to finish this novel. I should be deep into final editing by then, if not done completely. Then I'll be in the publishing/marketing phase (so much to learn!) and probably won't want to split my focus.

Frankly, I want to get to the point where every month is novel-writing month for me. :)

I can still try to capture you with a pokéball, right? I shall call you Mr. Flufles.

seriously now, welcome. we are here to support each others dreams!

LOL Rhea.

Welcome to the space Ben, I too have had doubts. I have been working on my book(s) for over ten years now.
I can't count the number of times I have gotten half done and trashed the whole thing.
We will get there eventualy :) get to doubting give me a shout I will be happy to pants kick ya. ;)
Best of luck,
~BL~

EParadise

Scribe
But then the demons of self-doubt got me with their little pitchforks, and I thought, ah, this is too hard. I'll stick with web programming.

Those demons just visited me in July and a few weeks ago I sent them packing yet again. I'm sure they will be back someday, but their opinions get less persuasive each time they come around. Most likely because I have matured as a person and as a writer.

Welcome! And best of luck to you. The community does help.