• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ahoy!

Ermol

Dreamer
This will be yet another forum that I join in hopes of finding the inspiration to start to write and the will to continue, only to forget about it within a week. Still, let our brief time together be as memorable as... damn, I forgot already.

So, having kicked off with a bad joke, let's get to the point. I don't think I've ever veered far outside the mainstream fold and haven't even covered that fully yet. I've nearly finished A Feast for Crows; I'm desperately waiting for Assail and hoping it's good (although the page count leaves something to be desired), and the next stops will be Way of Kings and then Dark Tower. Then maybe, just maybe, I might find it in myself the will to do a partial reread of Wheel of Time so that I can finally read Towers and Memory. I read Gathering Storm about two years after reading the one before that, and man I couldn't remember anything. I absolutely loved it though, especially the ending: the laugh made me cry; you know what I mean.

In the midst of all that (and work and exams) I may finally tell the world the story of the most originally named fantasy world ever... the world of the KINGDOM! I spent a lot of time thinking about the name. (I also have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humour and love long walks on the beach.) The tale of the Kingdom is a familiar one - many ideas, even more thoughts, some clichéd characters, a couple of cool scenes, and maybe four pages of actual writing. Here's to making four pages into forty and more.

I enjoyed my brief browse around the forum so far, and hopefully I'll have some fun and pick up some inspiration and knowledge along the way. Please be gentle... or not, whatever.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Ermol
I hope you enjoy the place and stay a while.
This is a good place to share what you know and learn what you need.
As you are probably discovering, hunt around a bit and there are plenty of challenges and games to get the creative juices moving.