• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ahoy!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Greetings all,

I've been thinking for a while I should find a forum or suchlike for likeminded people and this was the first result that came up when I entered "fantasy writers forum" into google. So here I am.

I'm mostly a dreamer and thinker, but at some point when I was discussing an idea with a friend of mine they asked me something along the lines of "why don't you write that down somewhere?", and that's how it started. I set up a little blog to post my thoughts and ideas. It quickly got messy and hard to overview so I set up a wiki instead.
The aim was, and still is, to create a world that could be used as a setting for pen and paper role playing games. I was making things up, posting articles and generally having a great time with it on my own, badgering my friends into reading things and giving me feedback as I put things up. After I'd been doing this for a while my friend who'd suggested I start writing pointed out it would be nice with some piece of fiction set in the world. Something to illustrate what life is like there for one of its inhabitants.
This made total sense to me and so I did as he said. Now this has taken over and I'm writing and posting more short-stories than articles on my wiki.

I've noticed it's hard to get people to actually read anything and while most of my friends seem to find my stuff interesting none of them are into writing themselves. That's why I'm here. I figured it would be cool to get in touch with other people who are into writing and who focus on the same (roughly) things I do.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to discussions and not just endlessly rant about my own stuff. ;)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Svrtnsse! I hope you feel at home here. Don't worry, we don't bite. XD Feel free to jump into any thread that catches your eye.

Taro

Minstrel
Welcome again :) jump into the forums and meet the other like minded people :) looking forward to reading some of the stuff you have coming :)

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Svrtnsse. I have the same general idea. Create a world that can span multiple forms of media. Good luck with your endeavor. Be sure to check out the Showcase forums and leave as much feedback as possible. Authors are artists, we need all the feedback and attention we can get.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome to the Scribes. Don't let Ireth fool you - some of us DO bite. :)

Your WIP sounds fascinating. I look forward to hearing more from you!