• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Alternatives to typing your manuscript

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Maybe I have this wrong but I thought Ghost Writers actually wrote... and someone else took the credit...
I'm thinking of Memoirs and Autobiographies as well as a few "celebrity" novels that are little more than ideas and or memories when spoken to the Ghost Writer and it is them that put them in to the form of something readable... more like political speech writers that can turn a nifty phrase but don't make up the policy [no matter how much you want The West Wing to be true...].
Or are we talking about something different?

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Yes, ghost writers are writers who write for others so that those can take the credit.
I think the confusion arises from the fact that there are dictation software with a name like "xy ghost writer" or some such, which makes as much sense as calling a writing tool "novelist"

However, the boon of being a ghost writer is (if you get a good client) you get a fair amount of money. I've read some interviews with retired GW's and studied up on the craft. It is a thankless job, but the income can be good if you know what you are doing.