1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Anyone joining this year?

Discussion in 'NaNoWriMo' started by Prince of Spires, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Tom

Tom Istar

I've made my decision. My username over at NaNo is tenebristpunk, I think. This should be fun! I've been slacking off lately and NaNo will be a chance to get my writing habits back into shape.

Chessie2 likes this.
  2. This is one of my main motivations as well. :) Of course, winning would be great. But developing good writing habits are more important for me.

Firefly and Chessie2 like this.
  3. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

Yeah, after doing the math last night I determined that I may not win NaNo after all. My work hours are long and even though I have several days off in between there is still a time crunch. My goal is to sit daily. Whatever word count I get is a boon.

4. Yora

Yora Maester

Alright, let's do this!

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    Same here

6. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Forum Mom Leadership

I'm the only one on my writing team who's participating this year, which works since I'm drafting our third book and need the kick in the butt to catch up. I'm A. E. Lowan on the NaNo site if anyone wants to buddy up.

7. A. E. Lowan

8. You do all your plotting and outlining in OneNote? I would love to hear more about your process. I use it for quick notes like a name I like or writing down an idea that occurred. But I would be interested to hear how else it can help :)

9. Firefly

Firefly Troubadour

1708 on Saturday, but only 770 on Sunday.
    I usually plan not to write at all on Sundays though, so I'm looking at that more like 700 words towards catching up rather than being 900 short.

10. Tom

Tom Istar

4 days in and it completely slipped my mind to create a project for this year. Oops. Doing that now!

Firefly likes this.
  11. A. E. Lowan

We use OneNote for pretty much everything that isn't actual writing. It's wonderful for keeping our series organized and very versatile. You can link articles, pictures, imbed video and graphs, and share files in real time. We love it!

As to process, we are a three-person writing team and we use Word and OneNote to collaborate cross-country in real time. My wife plots, our writing partner is our developmental powerhouse, and I'm the drafter. We have over 500 named series characters for our urban fantasy series The Books of Binding, and OneNote is very helpful in keeping track of them all, as you can tell by the attached pictures. We keep one file per book and one file for the series overview, and it's HUGE but still quite accessible. Yay for searchable apps! It helps to keep us from repeating names and keeps track of character details.

2019-09-19.png
    2019-11-04 (1).png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Ugh.

I just finished the protracted five month torture rewrite of 'Empire: Spiral,' book five in my 'Empire' series. (It really, really should have been wrapped up months ago)

That just leaves the rewrite for book six - 'Empire: Judgment.' Originally, I'd intended a seventh book, 'Empire: Exiles,' but the current plan is to fold that in with 'Judgment' - gets a bit too far off 'Empire's' theme, and the critical action is wrapped up,

Anyhow, the rewrite and expansion of 'Judgment' is the writing project for me for the remainder of the year (and probably then some, given past experience.) Don't know if I'll make it a NaNo project or not.

13. I am in awe. Thanks for that. It looks very impressive and organized. It's a good reminder that I really should start taking more notes as I write. I keep having to check back in earlier writing about the exact name I gave to a person or location...

14. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

I've pledged to join the next three write-ins at my local library. It's on my Facebook calendar now so I have to do it. :D

This morning, I tried out C. S. Lakin's scene outlining process and found it to be pretty helpful. Still writing at this time so I hope to end the day strong with at least 3k words added. Using a Scene Template to Craft Perfect Scenes

A. E. Lowan likes this.
  15. zeus2020

zeus2020 Acolyte

No, unfortunately. I'm too busy this year.

16. CelestialGrace

CelestialGrace Minstrel

I decided to do #campnanowrimo again this year - going to use the time to get one of my comic scripts into shape. I've also got an editing gig this month so I'm not sure how much time I'll spend on the script - but anythings better than it sitting there in the draft files.

17. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Yes, I signed up for Camp NaNo. As the rewrite of volume 6 of the WIP is stalled, I decided to go with a long novelette or novella: 'Chimera,' set in A E Lowan's world.

CelestialGrace likes this.