• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

As the sun sets on another day

MommaKat

Acolyte
Hello all, It is twilight here in Seattle, and the clouds are pink and purple on the western horizon. I am MommaKat, and I've been writing in an amateurish fashion for years, but only recently started with more dedication in the last couple months. I am a healer (nurse), birder, hiker, photographer, mom, grandma and life partner.
I love to write and am finding I want to go back to English classes I took more than thirty years ago to relearn the technical aspect, I've been out of that for so long, I couldn't tell you why a phrase of writing is wrong, only that it IS.
I cut my sci-fi/fantasy teeth on Piers Anthony, Anne McCaffrey, and Mercedes Lackey among others. Currently writing about a nurse who is also a druidic healer.
I hope to learn more about writing, and learn to write better.
Blessed Be

Stevie

Minstrel
Hi MommaKat and welcome. Piers Anthony and Anne McCaffrey. Flashback to the eighties for me. I remember reading the Incarnations of Immortality series and thinking, "What is this guy about?" Also remember a couple of his more *ahem* interesting short stories and thinking the same, only more so.

MommaKat

Acolyte
The Incarnations series still holds a special place in my reading. I still own the original copies, rather battered, I might say, and have them on Kindle as well. As a young adult, these books influenced my beliefs regarding spirituality and religion as a whole, things I explore to this day as I am past the mid-fifty mark in my life. Now the "ahem" is making me want to go dig the books out again, lol.