• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Aspiring Author

Hey everyone! I have been writing stories and acting for 12 years now! I am a teen author, or I hope to be! I have so many ideas but tend to get caught up in world building! I am excited to finally get my ideas down to share with people!
 

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Welcome!

Worldbuilding is fine, though it can be overdone.

Writing takes a bit of self-discipline. Best advice there is:

'Write at least a few sentences every day, even when you don't feel like it, even when you think it is horrible.'

Do that often enough, and the words flow more easily after those first sentences.
 

JBCrowson

Maester
Welcome Lila, look forward to hearing about your worlds in due course. I love world building too, and have learned (through many trials and much error) that curbing the desire to cram as much of your world building as possible into your story writing actually improves the end result.
 

ennyedits

New Member
Hey everyone! I have been writing stories and acting for 12 years now! I am a teen author, or I hope to be! I have so many ideas but tend to get caught up in world building! I am excited to finally get my ideas down to share with people!
That's interesting. What genre are you writing?
 
Top