• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Author Survey

I'm very curious about the distribution between print/ebook/audio as my own results don't match what is reported to by "the industry" (which is 70% is print). Typically my traditionally published works are: 30% print / 45% ebook / 25% audio. Although my most recent royalty statement showed 9% print / 47% ebook / 44% audio.

In trying to get a better feel for this I created a survey. It allows authors of all type (self, traditional, small press) to share their ratios and the results are available for all so that people can use it to help them decide between various options. For instance if print really is 70% than traditional makes a lot of sense, but if even traditionally published authors are seeing it as a minority of sales, than that is a horse of a different color.

The survey doesn't ask for # of units, or earnings, just %'s, and authors can post anonymously if they wish by using a pseudonym.

Please do what you can to get the word out as the more data we have, the better able we all will be to make informed decisions.

TWErvin2

Auror
Sent off the stats for my four published titles.

I've mentioned it around. Hope you obtain enough information to form solid statistics/results.

Me too. It's not been flooding in as of yet, but we still have a lot of publicity to do. Thanks for adding your data.