• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Better late than never

willg71

Dreamer
seems I'm always rushing and not really getting anywhere, case in point, I'm in such a hurry to explore and interact with the posts, that I fail to follow simple instructions and introduce my self. For that I apologize. Now on to business. In truth I'm not much of a writer as it stands. At this time I am unpublished and really I only had a handful of short stories that may have been worth noting. You might notice that I speak of them in the pass tense. I thought I was clever to keep them on my hard drive and discarded my messy hand written copies. You know, to keep all the clutter at bay. What I did not figure on was my wife's unusual condition. Her body emits a weird bio-electric field, when she becomes upset electronic devises tend to malfunction or shut down all together. It took me six computers to finally realize she needed to be grounded when balancing our accounts on the PC. For years she thought her dead relatives where trying to get her attention with flickering lights or tripping fuses. I know what your thinking, this guy is nuts but these people exist and I'm married to one of them. As a result my interest has been swayed from fantasy to si/fi with a flair of the supernatural. I still have the hard drive and one of these days I'll figure out how to retrieve my long lost files. It wouldn't be so bad but all my background references of the world I was creating was stored on that hard drive, eight years lost in a digital purgatory. Recently my wife obtained a simple little laptop so I could write again when the weather is to inclement to sculpt or I need an outlet when it's to late in the day to use my noisy tools. Needless to say the neighbors stop being understanding when I get out there at 2AM with a chainsaw or a grinding wheel. When I need to create I just need to create. I had commented on a post in regards musical inspiration while writing. though I don't use music when I write, I could relate when it comes to sculpting. I ended up sharing some photos of my current project and got sportive interest. Figure I'll keep uploading updates of my progress. The album is open to anyone interested and I dig comments good or bad, I can handle it. Constructive criticism keeps me from getting stale and complacent. I don't read nearly as much as I us to, the stuff I come across just doesn't seem to hold my interest anymore. I'm hoping to get some good leads from people here, who live and breath the written word, plus I could use major help with my writing. thanks to dyslexia I lacked basic skills of composition not to mention my spelling abilities seem non existent. I thank God or gods (whatever your flavor) daily for the invent of spell check. Oddly though I can plow threw a book in a few days. I did a short stint at a local community college, with a focus on taking composition and English lit classes. when my collage fund dried up it was back to work for me. I also own an in-home cattery, we breed exotic persian cats. Unfortunately non of my passions really generate a sustainable income so I work at a posh vacation resort/ gated community in security. I've been a paratrooper in the military, a consultant for microchip development, a sue chef, a chemical mix master for the lawn care industry, a nationally certified EMT, a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman, and a lumper at a warehouse distribution center. Needless to say normal employment is not my thing. Securities been good to me for eight or nine years now. My resort caters to the older generation and on third shift that amounts to seven hours to pursue my own interests online with about a hour of actual work. That my new friends, is me in a nutshell more or less.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Will!

You certainly have a great deal of experience with various avenues in life. We are glad to have you here with us.

The dragon sculpture in your avatar... is that one of your creations?

And speaking of Persian cats, I have a cat known as a Persian Chinchilla Longhair. He's my little buddy.

willg71

Dreamer
Hey Will!

You certainly have a great deal of experience with various avenues in life. We are glad to have you here with us.

The dragon sculpture in your avatar... is that one of your creations?

And speaking of Persian cats, I have a cat known as a Persian Chinchilla Longhair. He's my little buddy.

Ya that's one of mine for the moment I call It Smoke Dragon #5, it is currently still in it's rough state. I'm hoping for some warm weather this weekend so I can get back to work on it. Chinchilla's are gorgeous hybrids, I love their almost fox like features. I'm curious, do they also have active tear ducts like the classic and exotic persians.

Last edited:
Hi Will! Welcome to the forums. Don't feel bad - I did the same thing. In fact I forgot to introduce myself in the introduction....I have since edited that post to actually introduce myself.

You have had a wide variety of experience in the workfield as well. It's always nice to meet a fellow who knows the norm is not for them. I've had an eclectic field choice as well.

See you around the forums! :)