• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Better late then never...

I’ve been on this board quite a while, but better late then never…

My name is Flemming Hansen, and this is my “formal” introduction.

For starters, I live in Denmark, which is not a mountainous place, Mr. Shakespeare! At least not anymore, after we lost Norway. Actually, Denmark is quite flat with lots of lovely windmills that go round and round and round and… you get the picture.
Currently I’m in the midst of editing the horror of a draft I managed to put together, which I aim to publish somewhere in the first quarter 2013. It’s the first part of a epic fantasy series with lots of pun-based humor and rowdy alcoholic dwarves. And wizards that blows things up! Great stuff, great stuff indeed!
I’ve wanted to write a novel for years and years, but it never amounted to anything. Only now that I have a child and no time at all, did I find the time (discipline) to complete such a task.

My educational background lies in teaching. After high school, I studied multimedia design, but the job situation forced me to seek other paths. I studied to become a schoolteacher for three years, but dropped out since working with pedagogues drove me to the brink of insanity – oh how they love repeating themselves. Besides, my dark humor did not go well with their high morals. I’m simply too blue-collar for that crowd.
Still, I loved teaching, I love creating, and I love discovering… As a person, I am creative. I need to express myself and open up for whom I am. Apart from writing, I’m a keen photographer, and I use the camera to explore the world, and my observations goes strait to my loins… I mean my writings.
I guess what I aim to do, is to bring the magic of our world into a fantasy world, and put them on the same level. Watching a fireball explode may take your breath away, but watching the full glory of the Milky Way may do likewise.
Whether I succeed as a writer, time will tell. Until then, I’m simply enjoy exploring the fringes of my imagination.

Cheers ☺

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Flemming
Watching a fireball explode may take your breath away, but watching the full glory of the Milky Way may do likewise.
Whether I succeed as a writer, time will tell. Until then, I’m simply enjoy exploring the fringes of my imagination.
Very well put!