• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNo

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
For those of you in my cabin (anihow and Kelise) we should try doing some word wars. I'll post them over at the Camp NaNo site.

Kelise

Maester
And now I have done so. 5,035 words done today, and I think that means I'm on target and have also hit Phil's word challenge.

I'm going to go collapse and read for a while now, I think. RSI, please don't return. I didn't even get close to a 10k day and you darn well know it.

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
Just wondering now that we've gotten past the first few days what everyone's thoughts are on camp. This is my first time, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm just terrified of falling behind, and since I'll be gone the last few days in June I'm shooting for finishing on the 26th. But it's been great devoting a few hours to writing; it's not something I usually can manage.

Kelise

Maester
For some reason, I find Camp NaNo so much harder than actual NaNo, which I've done and completed each year since 2004.

I tried Camp NaNo both months last year (though can’t remember how determed my attempt was in the second month) and I totally failed.

This year I did nothing day one and two, and then did 5,000 words on day three, so I’m all caught up. As long as I do my 1,667 words today and onwards, of course…

Sigil

Acolyte
I plan on doing Camp NaNoWriMo this year in August, though... my cabin is currently rather dull. Nobody in it is active on the site, so there is no chatter going on. Does anyone know of any way to get out of your cabin and into another one?

Kelise

Maester
I assume you just click that you don't want to be in a cabin, save those preferences, then reselect the preferences you want.

As there's no longer any camp running, I'm not sure whether they'll be sorting people into cabins until a little closer to August. Though I'm not sure on that. (Although in the cabin settings, it does say 'The next round of cabin assignments will happen in about 6 hours.' so hopefully that's the case.)